The MIG (Meghalaya Institute of Governance) and the ISB (Indian School of Business) are inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Meghalaya Legislative Research Fellowship 2021 (MLRF).
About the Organizations
Meghalaya Institute of Governance (MIG)
The Meghalaya Institute of Governance (MIG) was created as one of the institutional support mechanisms of MBDA with a vision to explore, share and promote good governance in Meghalaya by assisting the Government, the private sector, the voluntary sector and the communities in putting good governance into practice for the well-being
of citizens and society with special emphasis on traditional institutions, cultural organizations and village communities.
Indian School of Business (ISB)
The Indian School of Business is a private business school established in India in 2001. It has two parallel campuses in India, in Hyderabad and Mohali. It offers certificates in various post-graduate management programs.
About the Opportunity
Meghalaya Institute of Governance (MIG) and Indian School of Business (ISB) seek dynamic and motivated candidates to support members of Meghalaya State Legislative Assembly through research and data analysis to work towards solving complex problems in governance and public policy.
- Legislative Fellows: 12 (Twelve)
- Data Fellows: 2 (Two)
Based in Shillong, Meghalaya
For a minimum of one year, extendable for another year based on performance.
The fellowship requires advanced organizational skills and working in close coordination with selected legislators of the Meghalaya State Legislative Assembly and agencies of the Government of Meghalaya.
The roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Produce background notes, issue briefs, information bulletins, fact sheets, weekly digests, etc. on legislative, procedural and other immediate or anticipated issues of interest.
- Disseminate information on selected subjects to legislative members in their respective interest areas.
- Use sophisticated research methods to produce evidence-based policy insights on issues of importance and urgency.
- Support legislators directly in several items of legislative business like the Questions, Adjournment Motions, Calling Attention Notices, etc. to be initiated by legislators, including private member bills.
- Indian citizen and a domicile of Meghalaya state (relaxed for data fellows).
- Bachelor’s in Social Sciences, Humanities, Public Policy, Statistics, Data Analytics & Geoinformation, Natural Sciences and other interdisciplinary degrees.
- Candidates with Master’s degree and well-rounded knowledge of Meghalaya society, culture, and history state politics and policies will be preferred.
- Candidates with Master’s/PhD degree and well-rounded knowledge of Meghalaya society, culture, and history will be preferred.
- Candidates who are familiar with any vernacular language of Meghalaya is strongly desired.
Pay & Allowances
A monthly salary of Rs.40,000/- per month plus House Rent Allowance & Mobile Allowance additionally as may be admissible from time to time.
On behalf of MIG, Bharti Institute of Public Policy (BIPP), Indian School of Business will process the selection of candidates for the Fellowship.
The process will include a submission of a detailed application and interviews of shortlisted candidates.
For any queries please write to BIPP@isb.edu