IDIA Gujarat (Nirma) Chapter introduces “Meraki”, India’s exclusive Intellectual Property Law Essay Competition organized by IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access) and Anand and Anand, ranked among the Top Tier Intellectual Property Law Firms in Asia.
The participant whose entry will be adjudged as the Best Entry wins an ‘Internship with Anand and Anand’ and an attractive cash prize. The competition offers you an Opportunity to win Cash Prizes worth ₹ 16,000.
The stellar jury and the attractive rewards and recognition that this competition offers, makes it the epitome of all IP research competitions in India.
The competition is open to all students pursuing under-graduate (three/ five year) or post-graduate law degrees.
- Should the same subject matter merit protection under both copyright and design laws? Discuss with reference to the Indian context.
- Should Injunctions be granted in SEP cases? Please restrict your focus to the Indian context, drawing from international/comparative perspective where required.
- What is the likely future of John Doe jurisprudence in India? Please restrict your focus to copyright infringement and Bollywood.
- Single authorship: Rs. 350/-
- Co-authorship: Rs. 500/-
Please refer to detailed information regarding the registration process and the submission guidelines by opening the brochure link given at the end.
Last date of Registration Date (Extended till): 14th March, 2019
Submission Date: 17th March, 2019
First Round of Evaluation (to be over by): 29th March, 2019
- Declaration of the Results: 24th April, 2018
- First Prize: Rs. 8,000 cash prize; Internship with Anand and Anand; Certificate of merit.
- Second Prize: Rs. 5,000 cash prize; Certificate of merit.
- Third Prize: Rs. 3,000 cash prize; Certificate of merit.
The top 10 selected essays will be awarded Certificates of Appreciation.
All Participants will be provided with a Certificate of Participation.
The competition will be judged by an eminent panel of judges renowned in the IPR sphere in India and abroad. The judges for the competition are:
- Mr. Pravin Anand.
- Prof (Dr.) Feroz Ali K.
- Mr. Murali Neelkanthan.
- Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer.
In case of any query, please feel free to contact us:
- Kartikey Kanojiya (Co-ordinator): 9913891167
- Harshit Jadaon (Co-ordinator): 9106715298
- Runjhun Pare (Team Leader): 9727886844
- Aadesh Shinde: 7803941577
- Supriya Julka: 9265300393
Update: The post was first published on 1st March 2019.