About the Organisation
Chanakya National Law University is an autonomous law school in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of legal education.
Name of the Event
Mediation Competition, Vidhikta-2019 [27th September – 29th September 2019]
About the Organisers
Chanakya National Law University is one inf the series of National Law Universities established across the country as premier institutions for study and research of law. Our motto is Gyan Dhanam Mahadhanam (Knowledge is Supreme). Our University operates from its sprawling campus of 18 acres located in Nyaya Nagar, Mithapur, Patna.
About the Event
CNLU takes immense pride in introducing the 1st Edition of National Legal Aid fest, Vidhikta 2019, from 27th -29th of September, 2019. Vidhikta is a unique initiative with special emphasis on Legal Aid and Legal Aid Cells across the country.
The inspiration and idea behind Vidhikta is Legal Aid and Access to Justice for all enshrined under Article 39A of the Indian Constitution.
As one of the established Legal Aid Cells among the fraternity of National Law Universities, the Legal Aid Cell of CNLU has consistently endeavoured to spread awareness on the imperative role, unexplored potential and unlimited possibilities of legal aid clinics in not only providing unique and real opportunities of learning to students, but also unfolding a space of and bringing a real difference in the societies where they exist.
VIDHIKTA- 2019, is all set to give law students from across the country, a platform to showcase their talents and unique ideas regarding a plethora of social issues and norms. Spreading over three days Vidhikta holds eight major events and a one-day symposium on the role of Law students in the field of Legal Aid and the Best Legal Aid Cell Award. VIDHIKTA-2019 promises to guarantee a fun, creative environment and an unrivalled learning experience to prepare the future lawyers of tomorrow.
VIDHIKTA-2019 comprises of a number of events of which slots are available for MEDIATION COMPETITION.
The Competition is open to all Law students pursuing either 5 years Law or 3 years Law.
The students must be bona fide student of any recognized Law University in India enrolled in either 3 years Law course or 5 years Law Course.
- Each team shall consist of two Students only.
- A college may send up to a maximum of 3 teams.
- The registration is on a first come first serve basis. The registration shall be open for the first 16 teams, followed by which the registration shall be closed. In case any team backs out, the 17th team to register shall be taken into account.
- The competition will be divided into four rounds, namely the two rounds of Prelims, the Semis and the Finals.
- Each team will be provided with the disputing parties and each team will have two rounds with different sets of disputing parties. The cumulative score for both the rounds for each team shall be calculated and from within the 16, the top 4 teams shall proceed for the semis. Therefore, each of the 16 teams shall have to prepare from beforehand 4 different sets of problems.
- Each team member will have to pay an extra Rs 500 per day for Food and Accommodation. The University shall, however, provide transportation from Station/ Airport to the Venue. In case any participant is not willing to obtain the accommodation that is being provided by the host University, prior information should be provided in this regard to the host University. Registration Fee shall be the same for every participating team, irrespective of the accommodation criteria.
Please check the brochure for the individual event and Team event Registration.
To register: CLICK HERE
The payment is to be done through direct transfer in the favour of the account whose details have been provided in the last page of the event brochure. The screenshot of the same is to be emailed to vidhikta.official[at]gmail.com.
As there are limited slots available, the slots shall only be confirmed on making of the payment.
Fees: Rs. 1500/-
Asmita Chakraborty (Co-Convenor): +91-9679867222
Raj Vardhan Singh ( Event Coordinator): +91-8002768687