Corona has made virtual courts, and online dispute resolution a thing of ‘now’! Very recently, the Bar Council of India’s decision to make mediation a compulsory subject in law schools also shows that even the regulators realize the potential and need for non-adversarial forms of justice and dispute resolution.
To help law students and young lawyers understand the careers and skills in conflict resolution and mediation, we are curating a free and open webinar for those interested.
Topics of the webinar
1. Various Career Roles in a single Mediation Process
2. Amee Dharamshi’s journey of identifying skill, matching with her professional degree
3. Deciding to start my own full-time practice (Dialogue Den)
4. Matching Skills with Roles – Common Skills for all the people to be involved in a Mediation
5. Specialised Master Skills which help to perform as a Mediator
5. An activity! Focusing on knowing available roles and acquiring matching skills
6. An orientation session about our ODR course (webinar attendees get a 10% discount on the ODR course if they register by Friday, October 23).
Law students, young lawyers, CA, CA students, psychologists, young social workers, management and business professionals in the field of conflict resolution will find this of interest.
About the speaker
Amee Dharamshicompeted her B.Com in 2012, law in 2016, and completed her 40-hour mediation training from the Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL) in 2017. She completed her LLM in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution from The University of Hong Kong in 2018.
Amee is the founder of Dialogue Den. Dialogue Den is a creative boutique firm for Conflict Management & Private Mediation services.
Details of the webinar
Daty, date, time: Thursday, October 22, 6.30 pm- 8 pm
Location: Zoom, with appropriate safeguards in place
Certificates: No. Please attend the webinar for your knowledge and insights
Knowledge Partner: Dialogue Den
Structure of the webinar:
6.30 pm-7 pm: Session 1
7 pm-7.10: Q and A
7 pm-7.30 pm: Session 2
7.30 pm-7.40 pm: Q and A
Participants can exit after this if they so desire.
7 pm-8 pm: Orientation about Lawctopus Law School’s ODR Course
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.
I am the Admin of Lawctopus. I am for law students, of law students and by law students. I am Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I am your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I am the footnote in your research paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad for your internship. The side gig which earns you bucks. I am Maggi. Pocket money too.