First published on 2nd May, 2016.
M.C. Mehta Environmental Foundation invites students to participate in a Summer Training Course (Residential).
14th – 20th June, 2016
Eco-Ashram, Thano, Dehradun.
“Bio-Diversity Conservation and Sustainable Development : A Social, Legal and Scientific Approach”
This Course is aimed at providing the participating students with an insight into the multitude of challenges the natural environment of India is facing, with particular emphasis on impacts on human life and bio-diversity.
Transforming realisation into action, the experience of staying in the lap of nature and learning from eminent experts in addition to various hands-on-activities and field trips, is certain to leave an indelible mark on each participant!
The Key themes for discussion will be:
1. Environment and Pollution Laws: Basic Principles & Evolution
2. Institutional Framework of Environmental Justice in India
3. Case Laws and Current Scenario of Environmental Enforcement
4. Impacts of Climate Change on India’s Biodiversity and Life
5. International Environmental Conventions
6. Status Quo of National and State Policies Protecting Flora and Fauna ; among others.
(Final Itinerary and List of Speakers will be confirmed upon registration)
Apart from the sit-in sessions, we will also be taking the participants on an organised and interactive Field Trip.
Early Bird Registration Fee
Rs 13,000/- (Early Bird Registration closes on 10/05/2016).
Regular Registration Fee
Rs. 15,000/-. (Registration Closes on 24/05/2016)
Contingent Registration Fee (5 or more persons from the same institution)
Rs. 13,000/- per student.
Key Features of the Course
- Lectures by eminent environmental scientists, lawyers, officers, activists etc. including Mr. M.C. Mehta (Environmental Lawyer and Activist)
- Field Trip to one or more of the following places:
– Chandi Pul and Harki Pauri, Haridwar
– Sewage Treatment Plant, Triveni Ghat (Rishikesh)
– Herbal Garden, Rishikesh
– Aarti at the Banks of Ganga Ji
- Location will be finalized subject to permissions. Activities will also be conducted during field trip such as cleanliness drives etc.
- Jungle Treks / Nature Walks and Bird Watching
- Yoga Sessions and Exercise
- Interaction with local villagers to understand Sustainable Living
- Resource Material on Selected Topics Related to the Course Theme
- Star Gazing and other fun activities etc.
- Group Discussions / Debates or other participative events
- Special Lectures under Peepal Trees
- Fruit Trees and Rare Birds within the Campus
- Certificate of Participation made of Recycled Paper
In case of any further queries, please feel free to call on +91-11-41756519 or +91-9999024687.
You may also write to us at email@example.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.