This post was originally published on February 3, 2015.
MATS Law School proudly announces Shri Moti Lal Ji Pagariya Memorial third national seminar on ‘Green Law, Environment and the Climate Change’ in MATS University, Raipur Chhattisgarh in collaboration with Indo European education Foundation and CNLU, Patna.
The seminar intends to bring together participants from different Law Universities and Colleges in the country to brainstorm their research work in this multi-pronged problem of efficacy of green law to save environment, control pollution and to discuss other related issues.
The themes of the seminar are:
Theme 1 – Water conservation protection
· Privatization of water in India
· Groundwater contamination/recharge
· Water harvesting measures
· Cross border water sharing dispute in
· International law
· Linking of rivers in India – The mega projects
· Use of rivers for freight transportation
Theme 2 – Human health and environmental law
· Compulsory construction of toilets at schools
· Trade in genetically modified food – balancing
· human health and starvation
· Food starvation as threat to public health
Theme 3- Marine biodiversity
· Marine trade and development
· Marine biodiversity and tourism
· Issues of rise in sea level
· Coastal zones management, ecosystem & habitats
· Sustainable fishery and sea food
Theme 4- Nuclear safety and liability
· India’s civil liability laws for nuclear damage
· Hyde Act
· Nuclear liability bill and related issues.
· Socio economic issues involved in the
· development of nuclear power in India
· Safe and sustainable development of nuclear power in India
Theme 5 – Other contemporary issues
· Climate refugees
· Protecting endangered species, plants and animals
· Sustainability of natural resources: use vs.utilization
· Protection of forests
· United Nations Lima Conference
The registration fee is rupees 1000 /-for a participant and is required to be paid along with registration form. In case of co-authorship the registration fees is to be paid by both authors separately.
The registration fees is to be paid through Demand Draft in the favor of MATS University, Raipur”, payable at Raipur.
The abstract should not be more than 300 words which should reach us on or before February 26, 2015 email to email@example.com
The selection of which would be intimated at a later date.
Guidelines for submission of the paper
· The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution and E-mail address.
· Name and details of Co-author, if any.
· The paper should be typed in MS WORD format (preferably 2007 or 2010)
· The paper must be in single column lay out with margins justified on both sides.
· The sub heading should be in Font Size 12, Bold and Times New Roman, left aligned.
· The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and Justified.
· The length of paper should not exceed 5,000 words (including footnotes) Exceeding the word limit may lead to rejection of papers.
· All references must be in form of foot-notes with font size 10 and should be according to the Bluebook 19th Edition.
· The authors have to submit their Registration Form along with details of Demand Draft electronically mail to firstname.lastname@example.org the above mentioned format.
· After completion of the seminar all the articles/papers presented in the seminar must be sent to the MATS Law School in hard copy and soft copy format along with required fonts within two months for publication in MATS University Journal, ISSN 2250-3889.
· The selection of the Articles for the publication will be at the discretion of the Editors.
· No TA/DA shall be paid to the participants except free accommodation, hospitality and food in the university campus.
In case of any doubts, please email at email@example.com
For more details please visit the website here.
The Facebook page can be accessed here.
The full details are HERE.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.