School of Law, Manipal University Jaipur in collaboration with Bio Forensics Research Center is organising an Online International Conference on Multidisciplinary Facets for Development of Health Laws on 16th and 17th July 2021.
About School of Law
Manipal University Jaipur, India is a co-educational, residential, private research university located in the city of Jaipur in Rajasthan, India. It is the fifth university established by Manipal Global Education Services.
School of Law started in the year 2014 has grown in leaps and bounds and has a strength of 700+ students at present. The School is approved by the Bar Council of India.
About Bio Forensics Research Center, Italy
Bio Forensics Research Center was born to produce scientific activities in the forensic biology field. An important part of the research task will focus on the detection of biological evidence and on the developments of protocols and new methodology to improve the identification and the collection of the evidence.
Bio Forensics Research Center started already the procedure for partnership with many universities, Italians and internationals. The research center aims to improve the scientific support to the Justice system.
Themes & Sub-Themes
Medical Ethics in Times of Pandemic
- The role of legal rules (hard-law and soft-law)
- The role of scientific experts and committees
- Informed consent and pandemic (i.e. health care choices, vaccination, off-label drugs, clinical trials)
- Legal and ethical issues of medical responsibility and medical malpractice
- Palliative care
- Ethical and legal decisions and limited resources
- Euthanasia and assisted suicide
- Medical decision-making capacity, substituted judgment and end of life decisions
Relations Between Forensic Science and Judicial Process in Comparative Jurisdictions
- Evidentiary Value of DNA in Legal System
- Challenges in respect of Forensic Analysis
- Role of DNA in profiling Criminal Justice System: Myths, Realities and Proposed Road Map.
- Jurisprudence of Forensic Science: Evolution, Practice and Future
- Methods of DNA extraction and reliability of reports as evidence: Critical Legislative and Judicial Study.
- DNA Extraction and Rights of Accused: Unfolding the principles of Fair Trial.
- Constitutional Rights of Accused in Comparative Jurisdictions
- Trial by Media v Right to Fair Trial
- Right to Effective Representation & Legal Aid
- Rights Against Self Incrimination Under Constitution
- Rights of Under-Trial Prisoners under Constitution
The Impact of Social Disparities on Responses to COVID-19
- The COVID-19 crisis as an opportunity for progressive social politics
- Pandemic! – disease and conspiracy theories
- The politics of social distancing
- The political implications of governmental responses to the pandemic; government control of coronavirus data; exclusivist national stockpiling of COVID-19 treatments
- Disaster Capitalism: The pandemic as both disruptor and accelerant of neoliberal normality
- Virtual liberty? Lockdown existence and the triumph of the networked society
- Dying for capitalism: The trade-off between commercial and public health
- Policing the pandemic: Authoritarianism and security; poverty and/as a disease; pandemic masculinities
- Planet or people first? Environmentalism in a time of the pandemic
Consumer Protection and Consumer Advocacy During the Pandemic
- Insurance in Transition: Plotting A Course in A Chaotic World for protection of consumer rights
- The Global Governance of Online Consumer Protection and E-commerce
- The challenge of protecting consumers from unsafe products
- Contemporary Issues & Challenges to Consumer Policy in The Digital Age
Note: Any other related themes are also welcomed.
Payment Details for Paper Presentation
- For Indian student registration Fees: Rs. 500/-.
- For Indian Professional registration Fees: Rs. 800/-.
- For International Students and Professionals Registration Fees: US Dollars $ 15.
The publication charges for the selected papers shall be intimated separately.
- Last Date of Abstract Submission: 30th May 2021
- Last Date of Full Paper Submission: 30th June 2021
Registration link along with abstract submission is here: https://tinyurl.com/2d249ykd
Ms. Prabhpreet Singh: Assistant Professor, School of Law, Manipal University, Jaipur
E-mail IDs: prabhpreet.singh[at]jaipur.manipal.edu, sunitasingh.khatana[at]jaipur.manipal.edu, vini.kewaliya[at]jaipur.manipal.edu
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.