Manipal 1st National Virtual Trial Advocacy Competition 2021 is being organized by Manipal University Jaipur, virtually from April 16th to 18th, 2021.
About The University
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) in Rajasthan’s First NAAC A+ accredited institution with a special emphasis on research and interactive teaching with the strength of 9000 students.
School of Law started in the year 2014 has grown in leaps and bounds and has a strength of 700+ students at present. As an institution of excellence School of Law is dedicated to fostering and inculcating the intellectual and ethical values in the students.
About the Competition
The organizers of the event recognized the need for a virtual platform at this time of Pandemic, where law students can be a part of a platform where they can draft, plead and showcase their advocacy skills. This Competition is conceived with the aim of promoting & developing skills about the procedure followed by Trial Courts and testing the knowledge of the law students across the nation. The organizers are positive that the participants will show zeal and enthusiasm in this event and will get to experience powerful arguments from the law students who are on the path of becoming the established advocates of the coming time.
Students pursuing a 3-Year LL.B. Degree Course or 5-Year Integrated LL.B. Degree Course and LL.M. Degree Course from the colleges recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the competition.
- The maximum number of participants per team shall be restricted to 3 wherein 2 members will be Speakers and the other 1 member will be a researcher. And witness will be provided to teams by organizers by draw of lots.
- Only the Participant who is a Speaker in all the three Preliminary, Quarter- Final, Semi-Final and Final Rounds shall be eligible for the award of the Best Speaker.
- The identity of the team [name of the Law College / School / University] must not be disclosed to the Judges as well as to the other Participating Teams. Any such disclosure shall lead to disqualification.
- The substitution of any member is not allowed except with the prior approval of the NTAC Administrators.
- Each team will be provided with a unique team code by draw of lots during the orientation. The identity of the teams shall not be disclosed at any stage, such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the NTAC Administrators.
Manipal University 1st National Virtual Trial Advocacy Competition, 2020 is scheduled to be held online via “Google Meet” or “Zoom Meet” platform from April 16th to 18th, 2021.
- Fill the Google form (Link at the end of this post).
- Registration fee (per team) for the said competition is Rs.1000/- (One thousand only).
Step 1: Select your institute as “Manipal University Jaipur”
Step 2: Go to OUT-HOUSE Club Payment on “Select your Institute’s area”.
Step 3: Mention “Lexlawgical” in the club’s name.
Step 4: Write down your name and other details before proceeding with the payment.
Step 5: After the payment is successful attach the screenshot in the registration form.
For any payment-related queries, feel free to contact +919414563722.
- Forms received after the deadline shall not be considered.
- The registration fees are non-refundable.
- The registration of a team will be considered as complete, once the registration fees are paid and the registration form i.e. through google form, with all necessary details is received.
- The registration for the said competition begins from 25th February 2021 from 9:00 A.M. onwards
- The last date to register for the said competition is 28th March 2021.
- The date of Submission of the memorial is 8th April 2021 by 11:59 PM on mujtrialadvocacycomp[at]gmail.com
- The last date for clarification is 2nd April 2021.
- Winner: ₹5,500
- First Runner up: ₹4,500
- Best Speaker: ₹3,000
- Best Memorial: ₹3,000
A participant appearing as Advocates before Trial Court shall wear a black coat, white shirt, black pant, white/black Salwar Suit and, which shall be sober and dignified.
Provided that the participants are prohibited from disclosing the College Logo OR ID card in the dress.
- Mr. Aditya Gupta: +919414563722 (Convenor)
- Mr. Bhavya Bihani: +919784176000 (Deputy Student Convenor)
- Ms. Anya Raghuvanshi: +9174002 38011 (Student Co-Convenor)
- Ms. Mansi Sharma : +91 96365 71375 (Student Co-Convenor)
Click here for the brochure.