About the organisation
Established in 1836, the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry is one of the oldest Chambers in the Country. Bombay Chamber has an illustrious history of 178 years. It is registered under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 (Section 25 of The Companies Act, 1956) a non-profit organisation. Chamber has played a significant role in the development of the city.
The Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry has set up its Centre for Mediation and Conciliation (CMC), under the guidance of the Bombay High Court, to provide commercial dispute mediation services nationwide.
The Centre is looking for Management Trainees (Law) who have an interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and particularly in Mediation.
The person must be passionate about the cause of promoting Mediation as the most efficient process of Resolution of Disputes.
- Actively promote Mediation service to potential clients.
- Generate/follow up – case referrals, secure records and data.
- Arrange Mediation meetings/trainings, coordinate with delegates, coordination for logistics, etc.
- Prepare background papers, reports, PPT, etc. for meetings/trainings.
- Handling clients, service enquiries and offer service support.
- Ensure all minutes of the meetings, work checklist and follow-ups details are maintained and coordinated.
- Maintain and update case management records.
- Coordination with Accounts
- Coordinate with Interns for necessary requirements.
Location of Job (Office Address): Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry, The Ruby, 4th Floor NW 29, Senapati Bapat Marg (Tulsi Pipe Road), Dadar (W), Mumbai- 400 028, Maharashtra, India.
Management Trainee (Law) shall be given relevant appointment letter and experience letter on completion of the tenure.
Law Graduate/Post Graduate completed their full-time Course.
Minimum 2 years (starting at the earliest), willing to relocate at Mumbai.
Number of Vacancies
Based on the profile and experience, if any.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are required to send a cover letter and CV to hr[at]bombaychamber.com. Kindly indicate the subject on email as “Application for Management Trainee ( Law) – (College Name; Start Date; Current Location).”
The Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry website link is here.
The Centre for Mediation and Conciliation website link is here.