About the Institution
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies (MAIMS) was established in 2003 by Maharaja Agrasen Technical Education Society. The Society comprises a group of eminent industrialists, educationalists and people from different walks of life.
The Society has succeeded in establishing institutions of repute in the areas of Management, Law, Engineering and Journalism etc. The Institute has attained a distinct position in running BBA, B. Com(H), BA Eco(H), BA(JMC), BALL.B. (Integrated) and BBA LL.B. (Integrated) programmes affiliated with Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi.
About the Competition
MAIMS 1st National Moot Court Competition, 2020 is organised by Department of Law, MAIMS, New Delhi, through an Online Platform from 26th November to 28th November 2020 in sponsorship with SCC Online, Eastern Book Company, BriefCased, Social Tipsy, Rivlet and Anil Sharma & Associates. Prizes worth Rs. Forty-Five Thousand (Rs. 45,000/-) awaits for the winners along with SCC Online’s subscription.
Date & Venue
MAINS 1st National Moot Court Competition, 2020 will be held from 26th November 2020 to 28th November 2020 virtually over Google Meet.
- Each Institution offering an undergraduate LL.B. Degree Course (3/5 years) is eligible to participate in the competition. Each Institution can send only one Team. The Competition is only open for students in LL.B. Undergraduate Degree Courses.
- Each team shall consist of three members. The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed except with the permission of the organisers.
- Every team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher.
- Teams must register by 20th October 2020 through this Google Form.
- The Registration Fee for each team is Rupees Fifteen Hundred Only (Rs. 1500/-).
- All the participating institutions have to confirm participation by sending a duly filled Registration Form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th October 2020.
- Upon successful Registration, the teams will receive notification from the Moot court society via email to acknowledge their registration along with the fee payment details latest on or before 22nd October 2020.
- Last Date of Registration: 20th October 2020
- Last date of Memorial Submission: 13th November 2020
- Oral Rounds: 27th-28th November 2020
- The participating teams are required to pay INR 1,500/- as registration fees. The link for online payment will be emailed to the Registered Teams.
- Non-payment of Registration Fees shall result in the cancellation of Registration of the Participating Team.
- Best Team: Rs. 20,000/-
- Runners Up: Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rs. 5,000/-
- Dr. Nisha Dhanraj Dewani, Assistant Professor, Faculty Convenor, MAIMS Moot Court Society.
- Ms. Aarushi Agarwal, Assistant Professor, Member, MAIMS Moot Court Society.
- Mr. Shridul Gupta, Assistant Professor, Member, MAIMS Moot Court Society.
- Ms. Ritika Bhatia, Assistant Professor, Member, MAIMS Moot Court Society.
- Ms. Kriti Johri, Assistant Professor, Member, MAIMS Moot Court Society.
- Abhishek Vats: +91-9718089761
- Aniket Vashisth: +91-9810243599
- Arushi Goyal: +91-9990107831
- Kritika Khanna: +91-9899490838
For the brochure of the moot court competition, click here.
For the rule book of the moot court competition, click here.
For the moot problem, click here.
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this moot court competition.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.