University of Lucknow, Lucknow University Moot Court Association, Faculty of Law is organizing a two-day International Workshop on Emergence of International Arbitration Tribunals as New Justice System in India: Future Opportunities and Challenges” from 28th- 29th November 2020.
About the Organisation
Established in the year 1864 as Canning College, the University of Lucknow was given the status of University on 24th November,1920. Within years the institute has risen to become one of the pioneer educational centers of India. Spread across 220 acres, this lush green campus has given us one of the finest men who have proved their mettle in their respective fields.
They are celebrating 100 years of their grand university and it is being highly celebrated by many events in every faculty from 11th to 21st November, 2020. This centennial year, we pledge to strive harder so as to maintain this glory and live to the esteem of this institution.
About the Event
International arbitration is often referred to as the area of globalization “par excellence.” Indeed, it is the preferred means of dispute resolution for multinational companies.It brings together parties, counsel and arbitrators from diverse legal backgrounds, and these various legal influences make international arbitration a “live” example of the globalization of law.
Schedule of the Event
Day 1: 28th November 2020
- 14:00 – 14:15: Inauguration Ceremony.
- 14:15 – 14:50: Role of Indian courts to make India a conducive seat for arbitration globally by Hon’ble Justice Kaushal Jayendra Thaker
- 14:50 – 15:25: Scope of Alternate Dispute Resolution in India and Overseas by Dr. Romesh Gautam
- 15:25 – 16:00: Jurisdictional Objections in International Arbitration by Mr. Margub Kabir
Day 2: 29th November 2020
- 14:00 – 14:35: Arbitration – Latest developments of Indian and international arbitration act by Mr. Harjot Singh
- 14:35 – 15:10: Career In Arbitration by Ms. Iram Majid
- 15:10 – 15:45: Scope of Courts interference in Arbitral Awards by Mr. Manish Mehrotra
- 15:45 – 16:20: Challenges Infront of International Arbitration as a system and as an Institution Global Trends and Patterns by Mr. Panch Rishi Dev Sharma
About the Speakers
- Hon’ble Justice Kaushal Jayendra Thaker: Judge of High Court, High Court of Allahabad.
- Dr. Romesh Gautam: Padam Shree Recipient, Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
- Mr.Margub Kabir: Advocate, Supreme Court of Bangladesh
- Mr. Harjot Singh: Director, Twinwood Law Practice Limited, Birmingham, UK.
- Ms. Iram Majid: Director, Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation, New Delhi, India.
- Mr. Manish Mehrotra: Senior Advocate, High Court of Allahabad, Lucknow, India.
- Mr. Panch Rishi Dev Sharma: Research and Phd Scholar (Continuing), University of Victoria, Canada and Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow.
Details of the Event
- Registration Fee: ₹40.
- The payment can be made through BHIM UPI & GOOGLE PAY & PAYTM & PHONEPE.
- The Fee is non-refundable.
- The registration fee is to be paid to the following mobile Number: 8181838340 (NISHANT VEER SINGH).
- Before making the payment first open the Google form and check whether the form is open or closed. If the Form is closed for Registration then it means the registration for event are closed.
- The Registration will be through filling a Google Form by clicking on this link, copying the link and open it on Google or By Scanning the QR code.
- Google form consists of two parts: Detail and Link and QR code of a WhatsApp group.
- Join the WhatsApp group for getting the details regarding the meeting room for the event.
- Video conferencing app used: ZOOM
- The user ID and Password will be provided in the WhatsApp group only.
- Limited seats available: 200 Indian students and 100 foreign students.
- E-Certificate will be given to those who will register through the google form.
- The last date for registration is 27th November 2020.
Ayush Pratap Singh: 9453014541
Aditi Tripathi: 9125865110
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event and Lawctopus Law School is proud to be the knowledge partner for this event.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.