LSAC Global is organizing DLI Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021. Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.
Moot Court is a method of teaching law and legal skills frequently adopted in law schools. It requires students to analyze and argue both sides of a hypothetical legal issue. The skill of Mooting enables students to think and analyze like an advocate. The students learn how to present their conclusion in a sensible and effective manner. It improves both the written and oral communication of a law student.
Know More about Moot Court visit [See, Official Brochure under ‘Important Links’]
DLI Moot Court Competition for Law Aspirants
LSAC Global will be hosting its first-ever Moot Court Competition for Law Aspirants 2021 this year virtually.
DLI Moot Court for Law Aspirants 2021 is based on the notion of moot court with a little twist. It is aimed to provide an experience of Moot Court to prospective law students without resorting to core legal issues/arguments and assist them in developing their critical and analytical reasoning skills.
The participants will be analyzing the factual matrix of the situation and arguing on the same.
- To enhance critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are required in law school.
- To encourage students to express their thoughts on an online medium and thereby improve their communication skills.
- To expose High School students to the nuances of court system in India.
- To provide a real-life experience cum training in presenting ground-breaking arguments (oral and written).
A moot Problem is a hypothetical situation that makes up for a case in court. The Moot Problem for this competition is based on an interesting tortious situation. It is important that the participants stick to the facts provided in the moot problem while forming arguments without dealing with legal provisions.
The moot problem for the competition can be downloaded from [See, Moot Problem under ‘Important Links’]
There is no registration fee for participating in this competition.
The Moot Court Competition 2021 will be held virtually on 13th and 14th February 2021.
- The competition is open to all school students currently in grade 11, 12, or who are yet to be enrolled in a law school.
- Student confident in debating and public speaking with proficient communication skills in English language, logical reasoning, and critical thinking.
Certificate of Participation
Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants who will register, successfully submit the memorials on the due date and appear for the oral rounds on the event date.
Certificate of Merit
Prizes on Merit include a Medal and Certificate under each of the following categories:
- Best Written Argument and Memorial
- Best Speaker
|Registration End Date||5th February 2021|
|Mentoring/Training Session||5th to 10th February 2021|
|Memorial Submission||11th February 2021|
|Allotment of Side||12th February 2021|
|Preliminary Round||13th February 2021|
|Final Round||14th February 2021|
Keep following our ‘Moots‘ section for more such participation opportunities!
Want to learn the art and science of Mooting? Get coached by Lawctopus Law School!
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.