About the organisation
Jagran Lakecity University is located in Bhopal and is a fully government approved state university established by Government of Madhya Pradesh by Act No 22 of 2013 and is recognized by UGC under section 2 of Act, 1956.
Location: JLU School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal (M.P.)
About the Competition
Jagran Lakecity University is organising “The Louis M. Brown and Forrest S. Mosten International Client Consultation Competition (National Round)”.
Dates: January 31 – February 2, 2020
The Louis M. Brown International Client Counseling Competition was founded in 1985. In May 2010, the competition’s name was subtly changed from “client counseling” to “client consultation”. It was felt that “consultation” reflects better the activity as opposed to the words interviewing, advising or counseling.
The name of the Californian lawyer Forrest S. Mosten was also added to the title of the competition. The Competition is affiliated with the International Bar Association and collaborates closely with law societies and bar associations throughout the world.
The 2020 international competition will be hosted by Stetson University College of Law, Tampa, Florida, USA from 15—18 April 2020. The Brown-Mosten Competition is an annual competition for the winners of national competitions across the world.
Eligibility and Composition
- Only Law Colleges/Universities recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate.
- Only bonafide students pursuing LL.B. Three Year/Five Year Degree programmes in the aforementioned institutions , during the current academic year are eligible to participate.
- Each team shall consist of TWO participants.
- Teams/Participants are required to duly fill the Registration Form (endorsed by the Head of the Institution) along with the Demand Draft of Rs.3500/- drawn in favour of “Jagran Lakecity University” payable at Bhopal (M.P.), which has to reach the organizers by January 3, 2020. The Registered teams are required to confirm their arrival and verify their registration over phone/email.
- The teams/Participants are required to e-mail the soft copy of the Demand Draft along with duly filled registration form latest by January 10, 2020.
Kindly note that the duly filled-in Registration Form should reach us on the following address.
Ms. Shamika Acharya, Assistant Professor
Address: E-5/9, Arera Colony, Bhopal—462016 (Landmark: Next to DNN News Channel).
Jyoti Parmar: 7470867607, 9165870460
- Anumeha Singhai: 9407150033
- Aman Shukla: 9981502702
- Ashutosh Sharma: 8819806881
For full details and registration forms, click here.