About the organisation
DROR Safe India Foundation is a non-profit organization working for women safety and awareness regarding the crime against the women in India.
Type of internship
The organization is based in Gurugram and offers a research internship opportunity for a minimum of two months with an opportunity for extension to up to six months.
Interns are required to work five days per week (37.5 hours) under the supervision of DR. Madhumita Pandey who is known for her rigorous study on 100 rapists in Tihar Jail.
The research internship aims to cover the crime against the women around all the wards in Delhi.
Responsibility of interns:
- Develop a comprehensive household questionnaire on women’s attitudes and practices – along with women’s opinions and reports of men’s practices – on a wide variety of topics related to crime reporting in DELHI.
- Set meetings with the data collecting bodies of government and non-government organization to develop and understand the crime rate against the women and further proceedings.
- File RTIs and meet the police-persons regarding the awareness about the online and offline FIR filling.
- Talk to the women-child helplines to collect the data of calling people and their concerns and publish deeply analyzed reports on the basis of the data collected.
- Talk to the victims supporting NGOs and take inputs regarding the working of the justice system.
- Collect data and prepare reports on the relation between infrastructure development (better lightning, road connectivity, crowd buzz at odd hours) and crime dependency on it.
- Collect the data and establish reports on the relationship between technology reliability and use in reporting the crimes and increasing awareness.
Who can apply?
Only those candidates can apply who:
- Candidate should be available for full time (in-office) internship.
- Candidate should be ready to start the internship between 7th May 2019 and 6th June 2019.
- Candidate should be available for the duration of 3 months.
- Candidate should be residing in Delhi and neighbouring cities
- Candidates should have relevant skills and interests in this field.
Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
Other perks: Certificate, Letter of recommendation, 5 days a week.
Duration of internship
3 to 6 months
Students are required to send their resumes at abhilasha[at]dror.co.in
The website link is here.