About the Workshop
Citations and referencing can be a pain!
We understand that, and this workshop by an NLU Jodhpur and HPNLU Shimla Gold Medallist will help you gain mastery over this crucial skill.
This 2-days 4-hour long workshop will cover everything one needs to know about citations and referencing.
Our faculty will give you a complete walkthrough of referencing a source from identifying the source and applying the relevant and most appropriate rules of citation.
Vershika Sharma, the faculty for this workshop, has taught over 600 learners for LLS’ Legal Research and Writing Course.
She knows exactly where law students, professionals, and even academicians struggle when it comes to footnotes, endnotes, and their ilk and through this workshop, she’ll aim to right that wrong!
Knowing how to cite and reference relevant sources is a great strength and skill that any researcher must possess.
Topics of the Workshop
Day 1 – March 26 (Saturday): 4 PM to 6 PM
- Referencing and Law School: What is the significance of learning it?
- ‘What’ and ‘Why’s of Referencing
- ‘How’ of Referencing: A Live Tutorial
Day 2 – March 27 (Sunday) – 4 PM to 6 PM
- Different Types and Styles [Bluebook and OSCOLA]
- Citation Signals
- Some Tools, Shortcuts and Tips
Key Take-aways from the Workshop
- Complete clarity on the meaning of confusing terminology around referencing including citations/referencing/footnotes/end-notes
- Know-how on the ‘what’, ‘how’ and ‘why’ of citations
- Step-by-step understanding of citing relevant sources
- Understanding Bluebook and OSCOLA citation styles
Be the researcher who puts their references like a pro!
About the Instructor
Vershika Sharma is a research scholar currently working on various Government reports and research projects on crucial issues such as the plight of Rohingya Women and Tribals in remote areas of the nation.
Vershika graduated from NLU Jodhpur with a stream rank of 1, hons. rank 1 and batch rank 3. She completed her LLM from HPNLU, Shimla where she topped the batch again!
Hugely invested and passionate about education, Vershika has been an academic mentor at IDIA, Rajasthan. At Lawctopus Law School, Vershika has taught over 600 students the intricacies of legal research and writing.
To enhance her online teaching skills, Vershika also completed an intensive online course on ‘The Art of Facilitation‘ from Colab.x. Her students loved her classes before that, now they love the classes even more!
Who is it for?
- Law students (both UG and PG level). Please don’t worry if you are are a 1st or a 2nd year student. We’ll take you through the basics first and then come to the advanced aspects.
- Research scholars
- Anyone who wants to learn about citation and referencing
Thinking is useful but finally, progress is made when we act. Act now!
INR 1200 (inclusive of GST)
The fee is inclusive of all the sessions and the certificate. Access to the content of the workshop (recordings) will be available for 3 months from the date of the workshop.
Yes, a certificate will be issued to all the participants who attend all the sessions and score more than 50% in the MCQ-based Quiz (5 questions) conducted on each day at the end of the workshop.
The questions will be based on the topics covered during the workshop.
If you attend the workshop sincerely, you’ll be able to crack the test easily.
Maybe it’s the lack of skill and experience in referencing that’s stopping you from publishing, and growing as a legal professional.
Break that barrier today!