Dr DY Patil College of Law of organizing a Lincoln-Douglas Debate Competition on a topic around Health and Education Spending and Military Spending in India, scheduled to be held on April 2nd and 3rd, 2022.
About DY Patil College of Law
Dr. D.Y. Patil College of Law is a premier educational institute that produces Advocates, not mere law graduates. The college strives for its students to achieve holistic development under the guidance of its experienced and dedicated faculty members and by providing students the platform to organize and participate in extracurricular activities that aim at developing their knowledge base and practical skills. The college consistently works towards enhancing the quality of advocacy along with ways to extend the services of free legal aid to the less fortunate sections of society.
About the Professional Development Committee
This committee is entrusted with the responsibility to scheme out extracurricular activities which will embolden and ameliorate the professional skills of the students.
The committee aims at providing a platform through which students can begin their journey towards polishing their oratory and writing skills along with closely understanding the legal community.
They aspire to actualize our ideas into successful events through which participants, as well as the members of the committee, will gain enriching legal knowledge and make cherishable memories.
About the Competition
Dr. D. Y. Patil College of Law is elated to organize the Lincoln- Douglas debate competition.
Through this competition, we focus on shedding light on social and legal issues. Here, two
debaters will argue for and against a resolution and it will be evaluated by eminent judges.
Preliminary round: Should 50 percent CAP on reservation be diluted?
Semi-final and final round: Should the Uniform Civil Code be implemented in India?
This competition is an open Inter-college competition for all the students pursuing an undergraduate course.
Registration and Submission Guidelines
The registration shall be made through the google form The link for the same is given at the end of this post.
Registration Fees: ₹150/-
- Bank Name: GS Mahanagar Co-Operative Bank Limited Nerul, Navi Mumbai
- Account Number: 01701010100006762
- Account Name: Mumbai University Exam DR.D.Y. PATIL COLLEGE OF LAW
- IFSC CODE: MCBL0960017
- GPay Number:+919826598074
- GPay ID/ UPI ID: [email protected]
- Last Date of Registration: March 27th, 2022
- Date of Competition: April 2nd-3rd, 2022
- Announcement of Result: Tentative
- Winner: 5000/- Cash prize + merit Certificate
- 1st Runner Up: 3000/- Cash Prize + Merit Certificate
- 2nd Runner Up: 2000/- Cash Prize + Merit Certificate
- Other participants will be provided with a Certificate of Participation
- Manishi Singh: +919826598074
- Khushi Parmar: +917977701711