Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organisation working in India which aims to empower underprivileged children by giving them access to quality legal education. It was initially started by Shamnad Basheer in the year 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences.
It is a pan-Indian, student-run movement to train underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates. It has been institutionalised as a trust with Mahendra Pal Singh, Ruma Pal, Shamnad Basheer and Shishira Rudrappa as trustees Late Prof. Dr. Shamnad Basheer.
About the Quiz
The IDIA Gujarat [Nirma] Chapter is organising the IDIA-ILNU Quiz Competition, “LEXMANIA”, in collaboration with the Quiz Committee of the Institute of Law, Nirma University.
Since the celebration of ‘National Law Day’ on 26th November marks its own importance among the legal fraternity in India, we are trying to make it more memorable for law students. The IDIA Nirma Chapter is organizing the IDIA-ILNU Quiz Competition.
The theme of this quiz would be contemporary issues in law. It would consist of a Preliminary Round followed by a Final Round. The objectives of organizing this quiz are
- Raising funds for the IDIA Charitable Trust as all the proceeds collected shall be fully applied towards funding the day to day operations of the chapter and the welfare of IDIA scholars.
- Conducting a quality competition in line with best practices, which focuses on legal awareness among the students.
Date of the Competition: 26th November 2019
Venue: Seminar Hall, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
Time: 3:30 P.M.
The Winner of the Quiz Will get the following prizes:
- First Prize: Internship with J. Sagar Associates and Rs. 3,000 cash prize
- Second Prize: Internship with ADD Legal and Rs. 2,000 cash prize
- Third Prize: Internship with Chambers of Advocate Namit Saxena, Supreme Court and Rs. 1,000 cash prize
Registration and Fee Details
Rs.300 for a Team of 2 members. (For registration click here.)
The payments can also be made via PayTm on this number (+91 9601039698-Shriram Kabra) and by scanning the Bar Code by Google Pay, Phone Pe, Bhim UPI, PayTM etc. attached herewith.
Pratul Pratap Singh: +91 8650866250
Harsh Kamdar: +91 7405769582
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.