Applications are invited from law graduates for the role of Legal Researcher with 3 Hon’ble Justices at Rajasthan High Court, Jodhpur.
About Rajasthan High Court
The Rajasthan High Court is the High Court of the state of Rajasthan. It was established on 29 August 1949 under the Rajasthan High Court Ordinance, 1949. The seat of the court is at Jodhpur. The court has a sanctioned judge strength of 50.
About the Opportunity
Rajasthan High Court invites applications from eligible candidates having requisite qualifications for Contractual engagement as Legal Researcher for deputing with Hon’ble Mr. Justice Forjond Ali, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sudesh Bansal, and Hon’ble Mr. Justice Anoop Kumar Dhand, for a period of one year.
Number of Vacancies
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Forjond Ali: 2 (Two)
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sudesh Bonsol: 2 (Two)
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Anoop Kumor Dhond: 2 (Two)
To assist the Hon’ble judge in the discharge of administrative and judicial functions, the Legal Researcher shall perform the following duties:
- To read the case files, and prepare the case i.e. case summary and notes and chronology of events of such a comprehensive nature, that it may give to the Hon’ble Judge a complete view of the mater, including the legal questions involved, and the latest case-law having bearing on the case either ways,
- To search and research legal points and principles under control and guidance of Hon’ble Judge,
- To search out case law, articles, papers and other relevant material required in discharge of judicial/administrative work.
- To take down notes of arguments and to prepare notes of cases.
- To identify facts, issues and questions that may arise in the course of arguments, or as may be relevant for judgment,
- To maintain record of judgments by the Hon’ble Judge alongwith the point of law decided in that particular case, and to maintain it in such a manner, as to be very conveniently retrievable, as and when needed by the Judge, for any purpose whatever.
- Maintenance of record of administrative correspondence, administrative files, and, if specifically entrusted, of particular judicial file(s),
- To perform whatever is directed, in the course of imparting training to him, with regard to procedure and substantive law,
- To assist Hon’ble Judge in preparing any speech/academic paper.
- A candidate must be a fresh law graduate or post graduate in law from Universities/College/Institutions established by law in India.
- A candidate must have basic knowledge of computer.
- Age and Nationality: A candidate must not have attained the age of 33 years on January 1 preceding the last date fixed for submission of the online application.
- He/She must be citizen of India.
- A candidate must not be a practicing advocate nor engaged/appointed elsewhere, on honorarium/payment basis.
- A candidate must not have more than one wedded spouse, nor should be. married to such a person, who already had a living spouse at that time.
- A candidate should not be involved in any criminal case, whether convicted or against whom criminal trial is pending.
- A fixed honorarium of Rs. 50,000/- per month without any dearness or other allowance/ perquisite, shall be paid to the Legal Researcher.
- Proportionate reduction of honorarium shall be made for unauthorized absence, so also for absence beyond permissible period of leave.
- On successful completion of the term of assignment, a certificate by the Registrar General shall be issued, in the form prescribed in Schedule-IV.
- If the assignment is terminated due to pre-mature discharge by the High Court, or due to voluntarily giving up assignment, by Legal Researcher concerned, no such certificate shall be given.
Selection of Legal Researcher
- Online applications for appointment of Legal Researcher will be placed before the Hon’ble Judge concerned.
- Under the directions of Hon’ble Judge concerned, shortlisting of the applications may also be done on the basis of academic carrier and extracurricular achievements of the incumbents.
- Selection of the Legal Researcher will be made by Hon’ble the Chief Justice or the Hon’ble Judge concerned after interviewing the candidates for assessing their suitability.
How to Apply?
- Candidates can apply directly online. Candidates can also apply for the post through various e-mitra kiosks, where candidate has to pay requisite e-mitra services charges for filling of the application.
- Candidates must ensure that they have a soft copy of their passport size photograph, and a signature image. The format of both has been mentioned for your reference hereunder:
- Photo size should be between: 10 KB to 25 KB.
- Signature file size should be between: 10 KB to 25 KB.
- After filling up the application for, the applicant is required to pay the application fee online (through net banking/debit card or credit card etc.)
- PLease Note: An application shall be completed only when candidate’s ‘Unique Application Number‘ is generated after paying the fee.
- Candidates are required to take print out of the application form, this is to be kept by candidate himself.
- Candidates shall have to bring all the original documents at the time of interview.\
Click here to know the step-by-step process for applying.
- To apply online, click on the link given at the end of this post.
- To know about the scheme of engagement as a Legal Researcher, click here.
- Click here for the official advertisement for the engagement as a Legal Researcher dated November 15, 2021.
- Deadline for submission of application: November 30, 2021 (Tuesday) by 5 PM
- Deadline for patyment of application fee: December 1, 2021 (Wednesday) by 5 PM