M.A.P is looking for Legal Protection Officers! If you are a lawyer, and interested in refugee law and protection in India, do apply to be part of their team.
- Assisting with client intake sessions, which involve registering new refugees, and providing general information regarding UNHCR’s refugee status determination process etc.;
- Conducting research on issues of refugee law, on clients’ countries of origin, as well as relevant case law and legal provisions;
- Drafting client testimonies and legal submissions;
- Accompanying clients for their registration/refugee status determination interviews at UNHCR;
- Conducting research for reports/projects on issues related to refugee protection;
- Assisting in M.A.P’s advocacy and training activities;
- Maintaining office databases and drafting office correspondence;
- Assisting in running the internship/volunteer program; and
- Other related tasks.
- Indian citizen;
- Graduate of Law only;
- Willingness to travel within New Delhi; and
- Preference will be given to those with prior experience working with refugees/migrants/IDPs or other marginalized groups and/or vulnerable clients.
- The deadline for receiving applications is 23rd November, 2018
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 30th November, 2018
- Candidates will be expected to appear for a written examination on 7th December 2018
- Candidates shortlisted following the examination will be invited for a personal interview on 14th December, 2018; and
- The selected candidate will be expected to begin on 2nd January, 2019.
All applications (CV along with cover letter) must be sent to [email protected]
Further details can be found on the official website.