About the Organization:
SFLC.in. is a not-for-profit legal services organization that brings together lawyers, policy analysts,technologists, and students to protect freedom in the digital world.
SFLC.in promotes innovation and open access to knowledge by helping developers make great Free and Open Source Software, protect privacy and civil liberties for citizens in the digital world by educating and providing free legal advice and help policy makers make informed and just decisions with the use and adoption of technology.
Number of Vacancy
New Delhi, India
Lawyers who have a keen interest in privacy, data protection, cyber security and technology laws and who have a desire to defend the digital freedom of citizens may apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting writ petitions and attending court hearings;
- Legal analysis of policies and legislations in the area of Information Technology law, IP law and Internet Governance;
- Writing articles and blog posts on issues such as privacy, data protection, cyber security, freedom of speech and expression;
- Represent the organization at conferences and meetings (domestic or international).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Good presentation skills
Will be commensurate with experience and at par with industry standards.
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications to [email protected] with the subject line – “Application for Junior Counsel” with the following:
- Cover letter and Statement of Purpose
- Two writing samples in free document format (.pdf/.odt). Please ensure that the writing samples are individually authored.
- Two references
Last date of accepting application is 10th October, 2017.
Kindly note that incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
Ms. Mamta Varma, Business Manager, SFLC.in at the address given below:
K-9 Second Floor, Birbal Road, Jangpura Extension, New Delhi-110014
Phone- +91-11-43587126 /43502878