Name of the intern
Name of your college
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh.
Name of the course and year of study
B.A. LL.B. (Hons.) | 1st year
Name and address of the organisation
Legalvise – Virtual Internship
Duration of internship
From: 05/09/2021 Till: 05/11/2021
How did you apply for the internship?
I applied for the internship through – Internshala where this opportunity had been posted.
I created my CV within the help of Internshala itself which gets submitted along with other assessment questions like ‘Why do you want to apply for this Internship?’ and
‘Whether you are available for the provided time period immediately or what is the earliest date from which you can join?’
I filled in the relevant information and submitted my application.
There was also a test task communicated through chat after my application was preliminarily evaluated which involved watching a video on the Youtube channel Legalvise and answering the assignment questions.
First day formalities, infrastructure, first impression
I received the confirmation of being selected for the internship through Internshala.
All the communication to Sir, the channel creator of Legalvise, was through mail throughout the internship.
In the first meeting, certain instructions were provided to us about the type of tasks we’ll be allotted and how we need to submit them.
He told us that meetings were to be held weekly which were mandatory to attend and that’s where he’ll evaluate our performance and tell that week’s task.
The tasks were allotted on a weekly basis during a 1-2 hour meetings every Sunday:
1. Sir would mostly tell us to watch uploaded videos on Legalvise’s channel and then send an assignment based on them that we needed to mail back within the week.
2. He also asked each intern to select a statutory book and we finished the book reading by the end of two months.
3. Each intern had to research upon and submit a research paper which is posted on Legalvise’s LinkedIn account.
4. Interns were also allowed to give a mock presentation of each case.
The internship was virtual.
Regardless, the virtual environment, it was accommodative, encouraging, and appreciative.
The time period provided to finish tasks was sufficient and the work pressure wasn’t much which made it easier to continue along with other curricular and co-curricular activities.
There were several things that made my two-month internship experience under Legalvise really enjoyable:
1. The tasks provided were great to enhance my knowledge of law, be it reading a statutory book or watching the videos on Legalise’s channel and then doing research about those topics.
The videos gave me a good understanding of a lot of practical aspects of Law, like drafting work in Courts, the process to get a certified copy, Bail, etc., and about important laws like IBC, animal care and protection laws, consumer laws, etc.
2. The research work allotted on a weekly basis and the task of creating a research paper were extremely helpful in honing my research skills.
3. Appropriate opportunity was provided to learn the practical aspect of presenting one’s client in Court through a virtual mock session.
As mail was the only source of interacting with sir and fellow interns, sufficient liberty wasn’t available to freely interact and connect with the fellow interns, and communication otherwise was also highly restricted.
In meetings, we were allowed to ask doubts and clear our queries but active discussions were bare.
No, the internship was unpaid.
Details about accommodation and commute
Not applicable as the internship was virtual and hence the only relevant infrastructure required was a laptop and good internet connectivity.
It is a great internship to go for, especially for first-year law students as it:
– Provides a great opportunity to learn practical legal skills and gain practical knowledge of law.
– Helps one enhance their legal writing and research skills.
– The tasks are never monotonous and are very engaging, and also extremely flexible.
I am highly satisfied with the internship program at Legalvise and was able to learn and adopt a lot of essential skills.
Disclaimer: Internship Experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship. We also do not edit internship experiences (except to ensure readability) to ensure that the intern's voice remains intact.
Disclaimer: Organisations should not influence interns to write internship experiences on Lawctopus. Neither should they make writing an internship experience on Lawctopus mandatory for the intern to get a certificate. Indulging in such practices will lead to the organization getting blacklisted from Lawctopus. In case of any such instance, interns are requested to inform at email@example.com