TISS School of Social Work, Mumbai is looking to hire for the job role of Legal Fellow for Prayas of Centre for Criminology and Justice, on a contractual basis.
About the Organization
Prayas is a Field Action Project of the Centre for Criminology and Justice, School of Social Work at the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, initiated in 1990. It is a response to the needs of disadvantaged groups being processed by the Criminal Justice System (CJS).
It aims at socio-legal and economic rehabilitation of persons who are at a greater risk of being criminalized, vulnerable to being trafficked (for the purpose of commercial sexual exploitation), or destitution.
About the Opportunity
Prayas is looking to engage a Legal Fellow on a contract basis for the period of May 15, 2021, to October 31, 2021, at Mumbai/Thane.
This is a full-time paid position. Selected candidates will be expected to work within the Mumbai Metropolitan Region limits but may be required to travel to other districts as per the programme needs.
- Master’s degree in LLB.
- Knowledge of computer skills./Ability- read, write and speak in Marathi, English, and Hindi.
- Familiarity with the use of MS Office, emails, and the internet.
- Preference may be given to social workers with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience or work experience in the criminal justice system.
- Ability to work effectively in teams as well as independently.
- During the contract period, the Fellow shall not take up any other employment without the prior permission of the employer.
Rs. 30,000 per month (Approx).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a written test and interview.
Short-listed candidates will be informed over e-mail and/or mobile phone to appear for the online interview to be held between the 2nd week of May 2021.
- Application Fee: The application fee of Rs. 500/- to be paid online for GEN, OBC &EWS, and Rs. 125/- to be paid online for SC/ST/PWD candidates. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee for those who are required to pay.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply now) provided along with the advertisement on the Institute website here.
- Candidates are required to take a print of acknowledgment of the online application and keep it for future reference.
30th April 2021
Click here for the official advertisement.
More such Job opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.