Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the contractual posts of Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant of the Hon’ble Judges of the High Court at Calcutta.
A. The candidate must be an Indian National and must have obtained LL.B degree from any recognized University of India, whether
enrolled or not as an advocate with Bar Council of India or with any Bar Council of any State.
B. Not less than 23 years and not more than 32 years as on the date of advertisement.
The eligible candidates may be required to appear at a written test and/ or a viva-voce examination for screening.
The engagement of the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant shall be purely on contractual basis at a present consolidated remuneration of
Rs. 35,000/- per month without the person having any claim as an employee of this Court.
The period of assignment can be terminated by the relevant Judge without any notice.
How to apply
Eligible candidates may submit neatly hand-written or typed applications on plain paper of legal size (8.5” x 14”), addressed to the Registrar (Recruitment & Management), High Court, Calcutta, giving particulars as under:
- Full name of the candidate (in capital letters)
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Date of birth as on the certificate of 10th standard examination of any recognized Board/Institution
- Actual age as on the date of Advertisement
- Permanent address along with PIN code
- Present address with PIN code
- Other qualifications, if any
- Knowledge in Computer usage
- Mobile number(preferably two)
- Valid e-mail ID
- Educational qualifications in the following format:
|Name of the|
|Name of the|
Full signature of the candidate with date must be given at the bottom of the application.
Essential Supporting Documents
- Two recent and identical coloured passport size photographs duly signed by the candidate on the front portion of both (one to be pasted on the top right corner of the application and the other to be stitched/stapled with the application)
- One self-addressed (with PIN code) envelope of the size of 25 cm x 11 cm with postal stamp of Rs. 42/- affixed thereon (For sending Admit cards through speed post to the candidates).
- Self-attested photocopies in support of date of birth, educational qualifications, knowledge in Computer.
Submission of Application
Every application must be submitted in a closed envelope by post or by personally submitting the same in the office of Registrar (Recruitment & Management) mentioning therein the category and the post applied for on the top of the envelope, which shall have to reach the Registrar (Recruitment & Management) by 4:30 p.m. on or before 19th January, 2019.