About the organisation
Nike, Inc. is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services. The company is headquartered near Beaverton, Oregon, in the Portland metropolitan area.
NIKE, Inc.’s brands being Nike, Jordan, Converse and Hurley are among the most recognized and valuable in the world, symbolizing the quality and innovation consumers have come to expect from the world’s leading sports and fitness company.
As Nike Legal Counsel for India, you will be part of NIKE’s South East Asia & India Legal Team and you will be responsible for a variety of general corporate law and commercial legal/advisory work as well as regulatory/compliance matters for Nike’s business in India.
The business includes sales, marketing, manufacturing, retail and e-commerce. In this role, you will need to advise and interface regularly with the relevant business teams and other support functions, including tax, finance, customs and HR.
In this role you will be reviewing information and data, researching laws, regulations, and precedents, and preparing recommendations, contracts or documents.
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
- Bachelors or master’s degree in law or local equivalent and registered with a Bar Council in any of the States in India.
- Minimum 8-12 years post qualification in general business, corporate and commercial laws, ideally with a mixture of both law firm and in-house experience.
- Demonstrated time management, project management, attention to detail and workload management skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with the business teams and cross-functional teams across geographies.
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, establish priorities and solve problems.
- Should be able to exercise sound judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues effectively.
- Ability to work as part of a large, matrix organizational structure, in (virtual) teams and independently as needed.
- Able to communicate (written and verbal) effectively and clearly in a multi-cultural environment.
How to apply?
To apply, click here.
For full details, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.