Tata Communications, Delhi is looking to hire for the job role of Legal Counsel, for Manager level, to work on corporate secretarial and legal drafting and negotiation work, among others.
About Tata Communications
Tata Communications Limited is an Indian telecommunications company. The company is part of the Tata Group. Tata’s communications network spans more than 500,000 kilometers of subsea fiber and more than 210,000 kilometers of terrestrial fiber. The company has invested $1.19 billion in its global subsea fiber network.
Selected candidates will be part of Tata Communications’ legal team. They will:
- work on routine commercial, procurement real estate matters; and corporate secretarial
- support business and user teams in reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal documentation;
- perform related duties.
- Provide day-to-day support to the business teams for commercial and procurement transactions of Tata Communications Limited within the India region and other geographies as required and assigned from time to time.
- Work closely and effectively with business teams, and other useful functions to provide commercial, corporate transactional support for all business lines relating to Tata Communications Limited and its group companies, as required and assigned. Work closely and effectively with business teams and with senior management teams to understand their needs and assist them in negotiating legal documents with third parties.
- Render contractual related support to the litigation, compliance, and regulatory teams.
- Independently draft, review, and negotiate a range of agreements, including customer contracts, marketing contracts, legal documentation, etc. (with sound knowledge of commercial laws) for the parent and parent’s subsidiaries.
- Review tender documents, RFPs, and vendor contracts under and advise business/sales teams of relevant issues and risks in line with the legal requirements.
- Should be abreast with the applicable laws and statutes and should be able to exercise judgment and discretion to opine on legal issues.
- Proactively come up with new processes to manage risk factors.
- Support general corporate and administrative activities within the team;
- Perform related duties as assigned
Educational Qualification and experience
- Qualified with excellent academic background and Law Degree from a reputable university/institution.
- The candidate should be qualified in India with a minimum post qualification experience of 8 to 10+ years in corporate commercial law. Exposure to the telecom sector would be an advantage.
Skills and Ability
- Prior experience in contract management in Telecom/ IT sector. Experience in contract management in new-age technologies like IoT, cloud, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Excellent communications and negotiation skills
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research and analytical skills on legal propositions.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple transactions and persons while using sound judgment, initiative, discretion, and a proactive approach to work.
- Ability to work on and meet demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team, in a culturally diverse, changing, and challenging environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and/or sensitive business information and handle work with the utmost integrity
More Job opportunities that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.