The High Court of Bombay (Aurangabad Bench) invites applications for the job role of Legal Assistant, to fill up 1 vacancy at the High Court Legal Services Sub-Committee.
About the High Court of Bombay
The High Court of Bombay, also known as the Mumbai High Court, is the high court of the Indian states of Maharashtra and Goa, and the union territory of Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu. It is one of the oldest high courts in India. It is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The High Court has regional branches at Nagpur and Aurangabad in Maharashtra and Panaji, the capital of Goa.
About the Job Opportunity
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for preparation of a Select List containing the name of one candidate and Wait for List containing the name of 2 candidates for engagement on the post of “Legal Assistant” (on contract basis) at High Court Legal Services Sub-Committee.
Number of Vacancies
Duties & Responsibilities of the Legal Assistant
- To Assist the committee to keep track of all applications seeking legal aid by convicts on daily basis, obtain all documents and information of the convicts which are required for filing of appeals before the Hon’ble Supreme Court or the High Court.
- Get all documents in digitized format and send to SCLSC through e-mail, if required by SCLSC. Keep track of the cases in which conviction has been upheld by the High Court.
- As also, he/she should get the documents translated through translators wherever necessary & to prepare complete paper books for onwards transmission to Hon’ble Supreme Court Legal Services Committee.
- The Legal Assistant shall also be required to undertake any other official work including Legal Services Activities that may be assigned by the Committee.
Candidate must be Law Graduate as on the date of advertisement having a Bachelor Degree in Law from any College/University/institution established by law.
Candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 28 years of age on the date of publication of this advertisement
High Court of Bombay Bench at Aurangabad on monthly consolidated honorarium of Rs. 25,000/- for initial period and if the work is found satisfactory, the same may be increased up to Rs. 40,000/-, subject to deduction of applicable taxes, if any.
Period of Engagement
The engagement of the Legal Assistant shall be initially for a term of six months, which can be extended up to two years maximum, on the basis of satisfactory performance of the work.
- Certificate or proof of date of birth (School or College Leaving Certificate/ Birth Certificate/SSC Certificate)
- Mark Sheet and passing certificate of Matriculation, Graduation, Post Graduation, Law Graduation and other Documents/Certificates such as proficiency in computer operation, typing etc. as mentioned by candidate in the application form.
- In case of married female candidate, if she has changed her name after marriage, document regarding change of her name such as a copy of Govt.Gazette/ marriage Certificate issued by Competent Authority, etc.
- Eligibility of candidates called for Viva-voce shall be finally decided after scrutiny & verification of documents/testimonials produced.
- If any of the particulars fumished by a candidate is found to be false and/or incorrect, the candidate will not be allowed to participate in the selection process and if appointed, shall be liable to be terminated/ removed without notice. Willful/deliberate/intentional suppression of any material fact will also receive same/similar treatment.
How to Apply?
- Application should be received on or before June 16, 2022 till 5.00 PM.
- The applications received thereafter shall not be entertained.
- The envelope containing the application should be clearly labelled as “Application for the post of Legal Assistant on Contract Basis” and addressed to:
High Court Legal Services Sub-Committee,
High Court Bench at Aurangabad,
Jalna Road, Aurangabad – 431 009.
Please Note: Find the application proforma annexed to the official notification.
On the basis of the performance of candidates in Viva-voce, a Select List and a Wait List of candidates for above said post will be prepared as per the order of merit and the same will be displayed on the Notice Board of the office and the official website of the Bombay High Court.