Tripura Police Department is seeking to hire for the job post of Legal Advisors and Additional Legal Advisor on a contractual basis for one year.
About Tripura Police Department
Tripura Police is the law enforcement agency of the state of Tripura which organizes and is responsible for policing activities in the state of Tripura, Northeast India. It was formed in the year 1965.
About the Opportunity
Tripura Police Department is seeking to engage the services of Legal Advisors and Additional Legal Advisor, to fill up 9 posts of the former and 1 of the latter.
Number of Vacancies
- Legal Advisor: 9 (Nine)
- Additional Legal Advisor: 01 (One)
Role And Responsibilities
Role of the District Legal Advisor for District and Tripura Police Crime Branch
- To assist the Investigating Officers of heinous crimes like murder, rape. economic offenses and corruption cases etc. in the application of the appropriate sections of the law, drafting of applications seeking police remand, opposition to bail applications, appeals against adverse court orders, etc.
- To check each and every charge sheet to be filed in Special Report cases before the same is submitted to the concerned court, and plan a strategy for securing conviction during trial
- To analyze judgments of acquittal in criminal cases and record the reasons for acquittal for improving the investigation skills of officers, and also prepare grounds for possible appeal against the acquittal order.
- To check and guide the concerned unit on legal issues relating to service matters
- To advise the Superintendent of Police on any matter on which legal opinion has been sought
Role of the Additional Legal Advisor for Police Headquarters, Tripura
- To vet the para-wise comments furnished by concerned units on the cases filed in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Hon’ble High Courts, and subordinate courts against the State respondents pertaining to the Home (Police) Department
- To prepare draft reply on the cases relating to Writ Petitions. Money Suits, MACT cases, etc. pending in the different courts
- To brief the facts of the cases to the Ld PP Ld GA and AGA in the Hon’ble High Court as well Ld GP/AGP in the subordinate court in Agartala
- To check and guide different units of Tripura Police on Legal issues relating to service matters
- To examine the merits of judgments and orders of the various courts and offer views for the next course of action
- Applicant must be a Law graduate from any recognized university.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in conducting criminal cases in the Judicial Magistrate’s Court and in the Sessions Court
- OR Retired Law Officer in any Central or State Government Department, or a retired Judicial Officer
- As proof of experience, the candidates must submit 10 (Ten) recorded judgments, as a lead 3 advocate
The contract shall be for a period of 1 year, which may be extended further based on performance
How to Apply?
- The completed application in prescribed format along with the requisite documents should be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the Office of the Assistant Inspector-General of Police (Crime), Police HO. Tripura. Agartala. Pin – 799001
- The Application Form may be downloaded from www.tripurapolice.gov.in
- Incomplete applications and applications received after the last date will be summarily rejected.
Last date of receipt of applications: 15th June 2021
Interested in such Job opportunities? Then, these might interest you.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.