Your Name, College, Year of Study, Email ID
Akash Verma, Amity Law School, Noida
Name of Organisation, Location city, Team Strength
Legajoist, Gurugram; 12-15
Application Process with contact details
You can apply through the official mail id i.e. email@example.com or can directly drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duration of Internship and timings
23rd May, 2017 – 7th July, 2017; Morning – 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
First impression, first day formalities, infrastructure
They have an amazing office in South city 1, Gurugram. There is no formality as such, and I was introduced to the associates of the firm.
Everyone had a welcoming attitude for interns which made my internship even better. The associates in the firm were very friendly and helpful.
They have a well furnished office and the infrastructure of the office is perfect for a law firm.
1. Researching the cases. Finding in helpful precedents and arguments.
2. Briefing the cases for the associates to analyze. Reading all the facts.
3. Accompanying the associates to Gurgaon Court, High Court, NCLT, Saket Court, Chandigarh High Court, Sheikh Sarai District consumer forum and various other district courts for the hearing of cases. Visits to National Green Tribunal was also part of my internship experience.
4. Preparing the synopsis of a various cases assigned.
5. Preparing reports on various cases in which litigation has already ended.
6. Clerical work like correcting sale deeds, agreements etc.
7. Filing of certain specific cases of NCDRC & NCLT.
8. Research work given by associates regarding having a collaboration with foreign law firms.
9. Preparing questionnaires on various subjects of law like Aviation Laws, Sports Law, Administrative Law, CrPC, IPC etc.
Work environment and people
As mentioned, Work environment at Legajoist was very friendly and comfortable. The associates were helpful and were always ready to clear our doubts.
This was by far the best law firm where I have interned. The associates in the office knew each other well and worked effectively and efficiently.
The tasks were distributed evenly and were also delegated to interns. Specially Mr. Sanjiv Dagar, Advocate & Solicitor – England And Wales (Insolvency Professional) and Mr. Aman Arora, Company secretary and Advocate made my internship experience worth it.
I haven’t had a better learning and practical experience anywhere else, LEGAJOIST has been the best law firm.
People in the firm were very helpful and kind. They understood our inexperience and hence helped us gain one. They were always ready for help and we’re very encouraging.
Firstly the location of the firm. Being in South City 1, GURUGRAM it really gave us an insight of the Corporate World as Gurugram is the hub of corborate companies in Delhi NCR.
The everyday Lunch provided to us was another add on to my wonderful experience here. They have a Dog as a permanent member of the Legajoist family.
The associates in the firm are very learned as the team consists of Advocates, Company Secretaries, Insolvency Professionals etc. And in the end, Mr. Sanjiv Dagar who has completed his solicitorship from England & Wales.
We got to see proceedings in High Court and District Courts giving us an insight into real life legal proceedings.
Depends upon your work like I received Rs. 5000.
My biggest lesson from this internship was how to file cases in different courts and consumer forums ex. National consumer dispute redressal forum, National company law tribunal, etc.
I also got an opportunity to meet Mr. Abhijit Mukopadhyay (President & General council, Hinduja group, London) who is Mr. Sanjiv Dagar’s mentor and friend. He had specially come all the way from London to be a part of a small conference that we had in our office in the month of July.
Also, Drafting legal notices was also a part of my internship experience at Legajoist.
They even have their own pg’s in the same building where we have our office. So if you want you can talk to the concerned authorities about it and rent a room in the same building avoiding everyday travelling hastles.
Morning: 10:00 am – Evening: 6:00 pm