The IDIA Research and Policy Wing has been rechristened as IDIATE to reflect its growing status and importance.
IDIA is essentially a revolution…a revolution to empower underprivileged students, convert them to leading advocates and create a more inclusive India. See www.idialaw.com
This revolution needs a constant churning of creative ideas and thoughts.
We need someone of exceptional merit and brilliance to lead our IDEATE wing.
So if you are someone with innate leadership skills and blessed with terrific research and advocacy skills and an ability to think out of the box, then do apply soon to lead the IDEATE team.
Some of the earlier tasks undertaken, among others, by the IDIATE team include:
1. The IDIA Diversity Survey at National Law Schools;
2. Proposals to the CLAT Committee on various components of the CLAT paper in order to make it more inclusive and less dependent on prior knowledge of law.
3. IDIA Disability initiatives including liaising with law schools to foster more disability friendliness, devising strategies to effectively train visually impaired students, research on the aids required by them to pursue higher education;
4. Research and advocacy on instituting more scholarships for underprivileged students;
5. Reservation related issues with regard to higher education;
6. Issues pertaining to various areas of law with regard to the functioning of a not-for-profit Trust in India;
7. Preparing compendiums on ‘Law as a career in India’, IDIA Newsletters etc
How to Apply: Students interested in applying for this position must send in their CV along with a Statement of Purpose to [email protected] highlighting why they think themselves worthy of this position and their vision for how they would lead the team and take the unit forward.
Selection Procedure: Selection would be on the basis of an interview and an assessment of prior experience and the Statement of Purpose submitted.
Terms and Conditions: Once selected, the Leader will be on probation for 3 months during which time, he/she shall be evaluated on the work undertaken and performed.
The Leader shall be paid a stipend each month, commensurate with his/her completed assignments and tasks undertaken within the designated deadline.
Also we have a tie up with the Herbert Smith Foundation pursuant to which all team leaders can access the Herbert Smith Programs/courses in India and interact with their partners etc. Once selected, you can avail of this too.
We expect the candidate to be well versed with legal research tools, basic areas of law and proficiency with basic IT such as MS Word and MS Excel.
Please apply only if you have the time to work on this. We expect at least 2 hours on regular working days and at least 10-15 hours a week. You should also be willing to undertake some work during vacations. And must be contactable by phone/email.
It is imperative that the prospective Leader be proactive and propose new research ideas and goals so as to help IDIA fulfill its objectives of fostering diversity, inclusiveness and ultimately empowerment of the marginalized.
So please apply by August 31 at [email protected] only if you truly identify with our cause and have the time and inclination to really make a difference!