Lawctopus.com is the most popular and trusted website for law students in India, and we are hiring a ‘content manager-cum-intrapreneur’ for our Chandigarh office. You’ll also be working for Noticebard.com, which intends to for ‘all students’ what Lawctopus is for ‘law students’.
Lawctopus.com (started in September 2010) reaches to nearly 2 lakh readers every month, thereby generating 2 million page-views in that time. Lawctopus has been featured in leading newspapers like The Telegrap, The Economic Times and weeklies like India Today. Noticebard.com (started in March 2010) reaches to nearly 1.5 lakh readers a month.
If you like creating reader-friendly content, initiate and implement new content/information based projects for students or around education, can embrace the trials and tribulations of an entrepreneurial organisation, and would love to work at an intersection of education, content, and technology this is for you!
1. Format, categorize, edit and publish content based on internal guidelines. This is to ensure that content displayed on Lawctopus and Noticebard is beautiful and easy on the eye! This will form around 40-50% of your work and can be repetitive and boring.
2. Manage a team of student contributors.
3. Execute new content initiatives along with a team of student interns.
4. Liaison with colleges and socio-legal organisations for content tie-ups.
5. Conduct interviews with student achievers, leading personalities, and others.
You can expect to learn the ins and outs of running a media start-up!
1. Excellent formatting skills. Prior experience in online content/Wordpress platform is a plus.
2. Good English writing and editing skills.
3. Ability to work unsupervised, and mentor others.
4. Entrepreneurial abilities. Ideate and implement new projects with small teams.
A graduate in Law with excellent skills in English language (writing and editing).
1-4 years of PQE.
Rs. 20,000-35,000/month + incentives.
NOTE: This is a full-time position.
Pros and Cons
- Lawctopus and Noticebard are young and growing and your potential to grow with it is huge.
- Every post that we publish reaches 1000s of students.
- Implement new projects that positively impact the student community at large.
If you like working with big offices and bureaucratic structures, this will not be the right position for you.
Please apply by December 15 using the form HERE.
Please don’t wait for the deadline. Early applications will be considered first.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted and will be given ‘test tasks’ in December.
We’ll officially start in January.