Lawctopus Law School is organizing a Webinar on “How to become a Technology Law Expert?” on September 20 (Tuesday) from 7-8:30 PM.
About Lawctopus Law School
Conceptualized and kick-started in May 2019, and formally launched in March 2020, Lawctopus Law School has taught a wide range of skills to over 8200+ law students, young lawyers, professionals, academicians, and business people in the last 10 months.
Over 500 learners have rated our courses, and the average rating of these courses is 93/100. Learners have commonly described the courses to be a ‘warm’ learning experience!
Our courses on Legal Research and Writing, Contract Drafting and Negotiation, Litigation Basics, ODR, IPRs (with separate modules too for Trademarks, Copyrights, and Patents), Applying for LLM Abroad, and Mooting have transformed how people look at legal education and online legal education.
In fact, our open Webinars have been attended by over 25,000 people!
About the Webinar
Technology Law is a disruptive, new and demanding legal industry. We are witnessing an unprecedented growth of technology in the world post-pandemic. Think of life on automation now, we are doing everything from buying groceries, making friends, finding a cab, reading a book and many other things using technology. However, technology is bound to disrupt and have many loopholes attached to it if left unregulated.
Hence, the demand for Technology Lawyers has skyrocketed in all parts of the world. Whether it’s a tech startup or a software company, or a well-renowned technology-based company like Tesla, Apple, Google etc., each of these entities requires a Lawyer to ensure the legal status of their respective technologies in society. In addition to this, demand for Lawyers is also huge in Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning-based startups and companies.
Therefore, becoming an expert in technology law can open many career channels for you. Don’t you want to know how to gain this expertise? Then, hurry up and register for our webinar on ‘How to become a Technology Law Expert’. Seats will be booked on a first come, first served basis only.
Key takeaways from the Webinar
- Understanding the basics of Technology Law
- Discussion on Technology Law based due diligence, compliance procedures
- Understanding Technology Law Contracts & Smart Contracts
- Roadmap to find a career in Technology Law
- Date: September 20, Tuesday
- Time: 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM
- Platform: Zoom (link will be sent by Zoom upon registration)
About the Speaker
Aashna Sethi graduated from Delhi Metropolitan Education, GGSIPU, Delhi, in 2018. Since her law school days, she has been keenly interested in navigating the landscape of technology laws. Thereafter, she was selected and offered admission to the prestigious University of Ottawa, where she completed her Masters in Law and Technology. She is also a community builder and has worked for Indian international students in US and Canada.
Currently, she is working as a Content and Learning Manager at Lawctopus. Her research and consulting areas lie between the intersection of law and technology, such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence Digital Art/NFTs, Privacy Law, GDPR etc.
Agenda for the Webinar
- 7 PM – 7:10 PM: Brief Insight into the meaning of Law and Technology
- 7:10 PM – 7:20 PM: Discussion of Disrupting technology like AI, Blockchain, Data Privacy
- 7:20 PM – 7:30 PM: Explaining Technology based compliance and due diligence procedures
- 7:30 PM – 7:45 PM: What skills do you need to be an expert?
- 8:00 PM – 8:10 PM: What are Technology Law Contracts and Smart Contracts
- 8:10 PM – 8:20 PM: Briefing about the Technology Law Course by Lawctopus Law School
- 8:20 PM – 8:30 PM: Career Planning+QnA round
Who can Attend?
- Law Students
- Legal Professionals
- Everyone who is interested to learn about Technology Laws
- Legal Tech nerds
- Interested candidates can register for the webinar by clicking the link given at the end of this post.
- Registration Fee: The webinar is open and free for all!
Certificates will not be provided for this webinar. Please attend it for your knowledge and insights.
However, if you still wish to get a certificate, you can get the same by paying a logistics fee of INR 100 here after the webinar.
We will give you the code during the webinar which needs to be filled in this form.
For any queries, please write to [email protected].