Lawctopus Law School is organizing a Freshers Orientation Program from October 1-11. If you are a 1st/2nd-year student, this is the perfect opportunity for you to experience what law school has to offer and choose the best path for you. Find all the details below:
- About Lawctopus and Lawctopus Law School
- About the Freshers Orientation Program
- Key Takeaways for the Attendees
- Schedule for the Freshers Orientation
- Speakers for the Session
- Fees & Certificate
About Lawctopus and Lawctopus Law School
Founded in 2010, Lawctopus.com is India’s leading website for law aspirants, law students, young lawyers, and legal academicians. We are read by nearly 2 lakh readers every month!
In 2020, we started Lawctopus Law School with an aim to be the law school India’s law students have always wanted, online! After 18 months, 5500 learners, and an average rating of 91/100 for our courses, we have taken a giant leap towards being that.
We have a decade of experience in helping law students get internships, publications, win moots, and secure jobs.
We want to tell you everything that we have to offer in an 11-day ‘Fresher’s Orientation Program’.
95% of all of your career-related questions will be resolved after attending this workshop. The remaining 5% of the questions should always remain, for a deep and wide exploration to continue.
About the Freshers Orientation Program
- There are three fundamental questions which puzzle all the law students. Firstly, what is my area of interest? Secondly, what do I do in law school? And thirdly, what can I do after law school?
- This workshop addresses these questions. We will help you find your area of interest, plan your law school and internships, and tell you about the careers that you can pursue and their pros and cons.
- You’ll also learn about the art of making a good CV, a good cover letter, how you can ace internships, and learn about various career options from people who have been there and done that!
- PPOs, internships, mooting, debating, publications, academics, and scholarships! We’ll tell you about each of these too.
To register for the Freshers’ Orientation, please click here.
Who should attend the Freshers Orientation Program?
- 1st year and 2nd year law students of the 3-year LLB course or 5-year integrated course (B.A LL.B/B.Com LL.B/B.Sc LL.B/B.B.A LL.B)
- Anyone aspiring to be a law student or a legal professional who believes that the contents of this workshop (see below) will be useful for them
Key Takeaways for the Attendees
- Gain clarity about the law school life, and law as a career
- Know how to find your area of interest
- Guidance on having an academically and professionally fulfilling time at law school
- How to go about skill development by pursuing various activities (mooting, publications, debating etc.) in law school
- Drafting quality CVs and cover letters
- Applying for internships and securing PPOs
- Research and writing, ways of conducting effective and relevant research
- Be informed about the future career possibilities
- Become recruitment ready
- Become a better life-long student
Schedule for the Freshers Orientation
|October 1, 2021 (Day 1, Friday) (6-8 PM)||Session 1: Planning your law school life for a top-notch career|
|October 2, 2021 (Day 2, Saturday) (6-8 PM)||Session 2: Excelling in academics and research (+ how to get published)|
|October 3, 2021 (Day 3, Sunday) (6-8 PM)||Session 3: Building and drafting your CV|
|October 4, 2021 (Day 4, Monday) (6-8 PM)||Session 4: Drafting Cover Letter, Email Etiquettes, and LinkedIn Profile building|
|October 5, 2021 (Day 5, Tuesday) (6-8 PM)||Session 5: Planning, Securing, and Doing well in your internships|
|October 6, 2021 (Day 6, Wednesday) (6-8 PM)||Session 6: Extra-curricular activities in a law school: Moots, MUNs, Debates, Conferences, Summer Schools, etc.|
|October 7, 2021 (Day 7, Thursday) (6-8 PM)||Session 7: The Major Career Options in Law – Law Firms, Litigation, and In-House|
|October 8, 2021 (Day 8, Friday) (6-8 PM)||Session 8: The Major Career Options in Law – Judiciary, Academia, Journalism, and Entrepreneurship|
|October 9, 2021 (Day 9, Saturday) (6-8 PM)||Session 9: Upskill yourself through these 3 BIG small skills: |
a. researching and footnoting
b. understanding contract drafting
c. speaking like a pro in mooting
|October 10, 2021 (Day 10, Sunday) (6-8 PM)||Session 10: Other Career Options in Law – IPR, Cyber Law and Tech Law, Taxation, and ADR|
|October 11, 2021 (Day 11, Monday) (6-8 PM)||Session 11: Lawctopus Law School open mic session! 🙂|
Along with the detailed schedule, the Zoom joining links for each session shall be emailed to the participants who register for the Freshers orientation program.
Speakers for the Sessions
The sessions shall be taken by professionals who have been there and done that. Specifically, the speaker list will include ex-tier 1 law firm associates, in-house counsels, legal entrepreneurs, scholars, academicians, researchers, prize-winning mooters, and judicial officers!
- Tanuj Kalia: Tanuj graduated from NUJS Kolkata in 2013 and completed his M.A in Law, Politics, and Society from AUD, Delhi in 2019. Tanuj started Lawctopus in 2010, wrote the book ‘Law as a Career‘ in 2015, started NoticeBard.com in 2017, and Lawctopus Law School in 2020.
- Akanksha Mishra: Akanksha is an independent litigator, practicing at the Bombay High Court, Nagpur Bench. She has also been the Corporate Counsel for PSUs and Startup Companies where she has worked on diverse facets of legal transactions including drafting of Agreements, conducting Due Diligence, etc. Presently, Akanksha is associated with Lawctopus Law School and is passionate about teaching.
- Garima Gupta: Garima graduated from NUSRL, Ranchi in 2015 as a gold medalist. She is an experienced professional in the field of corporate and commercial laws and has worked with the Corporate Legal Department of HDFC Limited, Head Office. She is currently associated with NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad as a full time Ph.D Scholar.
- Jatin Garg: Jatin is the COO and CFO at Lawctopus. He has qualified UGC-NET and did his B.A LL.B from RGNUL, Punjab and LL.M from NLU, Jodhpur. Previously he has worked with IIM Ranchi and Indian School of Public Policy, Delhi.
- Nikhil Naren: Nikhil completed his Bachelor of Laws from Symbiosis Law School, Noida in 2020. From thereon, he has been working as an Advocate with Scriboard (Advocates & Legal Consultants), New Delhi. He has also co-authored a book titled, ‘Internet Law: Regulating Cyberspace and Emerging Technologies’ with Shri Rodney D. Ryder, published by Bloomsbury Professional India. Currently, he is pursuing LL.M specializing in Technology, Media and Telecommunications law from the Queen Mary University of London as a Chevening Scholar.
- Priggya Arora: Priggya founded PA Legal after working for 3 years at Khurana and Khurana, a leading IPR law firm. She holds a B.Tech from GBPUAT, Pantnagar, and LL.B (Hons.) in IPR from IIT Kharagpur Law School. With a strong educational background in Law & Technology, she has expertise in handling intellectual property matters related to the field of software, electrical, mechanical, electronics, telecommunications, and robotics.
- Sameer Gupta: Sameer graduated from NUSRL, Ranchi in 2020 and joined Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas right after law school. He has received several citation awards at national and international moot court competitions, most notable being the Best Law Student Award conferred by Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF). At Lawctopus Law School, he continues to further his passion for mooting by mentoring students of Moot Course & Competition.
- Shradha Mandothia: Shradha graduated with bachelors in law from KIIT School of Law in 2013. Immediately after law school, she cleared the Odisha Judicial Service Exams in the year 2014. She is currently posted as a Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate -cum- Civil Judge at Champua, Keonjhar with Odisha Judicial Services.
- Shreyangshi Gupta: Shreyangshi Gupta is a 2019 graduate of NUJS, Kolkata. During law school, she was a member of the NUJS Law Review. She has also won accolades in various international ADR, and moot court competitions – most notable being adjudged the ‘Winner’ at NLS NMC, Bengaluru, and the ‘Top 28’ at International Negotiation Competition, Tokyo. She has worked with law firms including Trilegal (Dispute Resolution team) and AQUILAW (Corporate Team). Presently, she is pursuing her passion for writing, editing, and legal ed-tech, as a Content Developer at Lawctopus Law School.
- Snigdha Ghatak: Snigdha completed her B.B.A LL.B from KIIT University, Bhubaneshwar in 2012. She’s worked in various legal positions and has received career coaching credentials from University of California and Los Angeles and Mindler, India. She started working as a career counsellor and a talk therapist in June 2018 and is the counsellor at Lawctopus Law School.
- Suhaib Salman: Suhaib completed his B.A LL.B from Jammu University in 2019 and LL.M from NALSAR Hyderabad in 2020. A sensitive artist at heart, Suhaib’s photography skills have won him awards from UNESCO and Herbert Smith Freehills. He has also completed the IDEOSYNC-UNESCO Information Fellowship. He leads the creative team at Lawctopus Law School.
- Suvarna Dubey: Suvarna is a Learning Manager at Lawctopus Law School. Apart from being a lawyer she is also a writer. She was previously a columnist for Dkoding, and is now the editor for Her Forum. She did her graduation from Amity Law School, IP University, Delhi and has also done a Public Policy Graduate Programme from Takshashila Institute.
- Vershika Sharma: Vershika Sharma is a Learning Manager at Lawctopus Law School. She graduated from NLU Jodhpur in 2019 and then did her LL.M from HPNLU, Shimla. Vershika is passionate about education and has been a gold medalist throughout her law school life. She has been an academic mentor to students and has been a part of different research projects.
- Yogesh Pratap: Professor Pratap is currently the Registrar at National Law University, Odisha. He received his LL.M from National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore and LL.B from the University of Allahabad. His doctoral thesis entitled ‘Contribution of Dissenting Opinions of Indian Supreme Court Judges to the Indian Legal System: A Critical Evaluation‘ is recognized as a significant contribution to the understanding of voting patterns of judges in the Supreme Court of India. This work was later published as a book entitled ‘Judicial Dissent and Indian Supreme Court: Enriching Constitutional Discourse‘ by Thomson Reuters.
Additional speakers are to be announced soon.
Fee for the Freshers Orientation
INR 999 (Inclusive of GST)
The fee is inclusive of all 11 sessions and a certificate. Access to the recordings of the sessions of the freshers’ orientation will be available for 1 (one) month.
The Freshers Orientation program shall be offered to the IDIA scholars who are in their first or second year of law school on a no-cost basis.
Yes, certificates will be issued to all the participants who attend all the 11 sessions, live.
To register for the Freshers’ Orientation, please click here.
If you have any queries or you need any assistance in registering for the orientation program, please write an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Do we have a live session every day?
Yes, there are live sessions every day from October 1, 2021, until October 11, 2021.
2. How many hours should I spend every day on the program?
We suggest that you spend 2 hours every day commencing from October 1, 2021, until October 11, 2021.
3. The program duration is 11 days. Can I have the access to the recording of the sessions after the conclusion of the program?
Yes, you can access recordings of all the sessions for a total of 2 months. Since the program starts on October 1, 2021, you will have access to the recordings of the program until November 30, 2021. The recording of each session will be uploaded within 24 hours after the conclusion of the respective session.
Therefore, if you want to revisit and revise, you can do that until November 30, 2021.
4. What if I miss a live session?
We encourage you to attend the sessions live. Just like the real charm of a live match/performance is watching it live, the real value of a live session is in attending it live! A lot of new, practical things are covered; and of course, your questions are addressed too.
However, if you miss the live session, you can watch the recorded version of the live session which will be uploaded to your learning management system.
5. How will this program help me in my career?
This program is specifically designed for 1st & 2nd-year students and law aspirants who want to pursue an enriching professional career in law. The program will ensure that you are aware of all the available career opportunities both during and after law school. Consequently, you will be able to plan, strategize and execute all the activities related to your career endeavours in an extremely effective manner. By pursuing this program you will ensure that you do not miss any exciting opportunity during the most important time of your life i.e. your law school journey.