We are Hiring! The following roles are open (details below).
Important: Before applying, we strongly encourage you to read about us, the pros and cons of working with us, the work culture at Lawctopus, and some tips for applying given at the end of this post. These are largely applicable for full-time roles, but will be useful to know for this position too.
Share this post and earn Rs. 5,000! Please do share these positions in your network. If we hire a person you have referred, you get Rs. 5,000 from us! Just tell your referee to mention your name, email, and phone somewhere in the form.
1. Teaching Assistant [Half-Time, Work-From-Home]
- Maintain the LMS (Learning Management System) and manage online courses run by Lawctopus Law School by uploading recorded versions of live classes, and assignments.
- Develop rigorous class schedules.
- Host engaging live classes on Zoom taught by practicing experts.
- Responding to student questions over email, Whatsapp, and phone.
- The candidate must be pursuing a part-time Ph.D. that is not ending earlier than June 30, 2024.
- A degree in law and an LLM are a must.
- Good with technology (Google Docs, Zoom, etc.).
- Excellent language skills, both written and oral.
3 hours a day; 6 days a week.
The timings are flexible though the live classes happen exactly on time.
Rs. 15,000-25,000/month depending on experience and skills.
Deadline: June 30
Early applications are encouraged, as we’ll close this position once the right candidate is found.
To apply, please fill out the application form here.
About the Organization
Lawctopus is a mid-sized, organically growing, completely remote, online media and education company that believes in serving at scale and serving well.
Some of our offerings
Lawctopus.com with 5 lakh monthly readers is India’s most popular website for law students and young lawyers. CLATalogue (for CLAT aspirants), and Academike (our law journal) are the sub-properties of Lawctopus.
NoticeBard.com with 1.5 lakh readers a month, is a popular website for people looking for educational opportunities and serves students and young professionals across streams.
Lawctopus Law School, our online ed-tech platform has served over 6500 learners since its inception, with its courses on law and legal skills.
About our Work Culture/ Pros of Working With Us
1. Through our online media and education offerings, we serve a million+ young people in meaningful ways and do it with a lot of care. Resonates?
2. Being a young and growing organization, you get to shape a lot of decisions we make, both big and small.
3. Completely remote: You can work when you want and from wherever you wish to (meetings and deadlines, of course, have a set time, and we are disciplined when it comes to doing them).
We use Basecamp, Google Suite tools, and Zoom to make remote work happen.
4. We work 5.5 days a week (7 hours a day) and give ourselves 30 holidays a year: you get to take holidays when you want.
5. We pay you to learn!
6. We are moving towards being a Teal organization.
7. We value consistent, disciplined work.
Cons of Working With Us
1. The work in some of our roles can get repetitive. Creativity is welcomed, automation is encouraged, and we like to embrace boredom too.
2. Our hands are full, and this might result in a lack of mentorship. We like to work with self-starters.
3. We are a completely remote organization. You might feel a lack of personal interaction.
Our Ideal Team Member’s Must-Have Qualities:
1. Attention to Detail and Discipline: We like our emails to be well-formatted, we like our communication to be grammatically flawless. Remote work also requires an inherent sense of discipline.
2. Entrepreneurial (‘Getting-things done’ Attitude): Ideate. Research. Do. Iterate and improve. Many people get stuck in the research stage. Our people don’t.
3. Tech-Friendly: You should be willing to embrace technology and become comfortable with it. We work via remote tools and value cool tech hacks.
4. Intrinsically Motivated: If you are excited by the potential of online media and education to change lives (ours and the reader’s/learner’s), you’ll be the right fit.
5. Our mission is to enable informed and inspired careers. Our values are of ‘care, learning, action, and accountability’. If these resonate with you, please do apply.
6. A commitment to make remote work, work: Attending meetings on time, meeting deadlines, setting up the right infrastructure to make remote work work (arranging for internet and electricity back-ups, basic work-stations, with healthy support from the organization) is required.
1. Early applications are encouraged, as the positions will be closed if and when the right candidate is found.
2. We encourage applications from under-represented minorities and underprivileged groups. Please do mention the same in your application forms.
3. Due to the volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
If you don’t receive communication from us within 1 month of the deadline, you should know that your application was not found to be the right fit for the current roles.