Lawctopus is organising a webinar on ‘From Corporate Litigation to Gender Advocacy’ on July 17 (Friday), 5-6 PM.
About the Speaker
Pallavi Mahajan is a full-time Gender Rights Advocate and a part-time storyteller. She primarily works for economic independence and social visibility of Genders in the milieu through academic research, policy interventions and advocacy initiatives. She is also the co-founder of an intersectional feminist NGO called ‘The Azaad Initiative’ which has recently received the UN volunteer status.
As the United Nations ‘2019: Gender Fellow’, she has worked closely with the marginalised gender community in India on diversity and inclusion at the workplace through policy and activism.
She is also the India Representative of the Global Goodwill Ambassador (GGA) Program to carry forward women empowerment in 192 countries through networking and leadership collaborations. As a former team lead for UN Volunteers, she has worked on gender education initiatives by taking into consideration both ‘India’ and ‘Bharat’ demography.
She has recently received the coveted Chevening Scholarship to pursue masters in Gender and Development at IDS, University of Sussex, this fall. At IDS, her focus area of research will be on ‘Representation of Gender in the domain of International Relations and Diplomacy’. She is also an invited fellow to work for women equality in global leadership at the Royal Society of Arts, London.
Themes that Pallavi will be speaking on
- Why do we need gender representation in the legal fraternity?
- From Corporate litigation to Gender Advocacy: Hiccups, Catalysts and Summits involved.
- Finding your own mission (field of passion) in the broad domain of legal practice.
- Skill sets to become a ‘legal leader’: academic and personal resources.
- Gender Advocacy in the Post-COVID 19 era.
- 5 simple ways to become a gender-sensitive ‘woke’ lawyer in your own work area.
Details of the Webinar
- Date and day: July 17 (Friday)
- Timings: 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Fee: The webinar is free and open to attend.
Mustafa Rasheed from Lawctopus Courses will be moderating the session.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.