Dr. Ambedkar College, Nagpur is a premier institution for higher studies in Nagpur. Not only is it centrally located in the city it also sits in the serene and sprawling premises of the holy Deekshabhoomi. With a modest beginning in 1964, the institution has over five decades of glorious experience in trimming the silver lamp of knowledge and keeping its sacred flame bright and burning. Thus, with its focus on character building and quality education that teaches you to think, DACN has carved a special niche in the academic landscape of the Nagpur City.
About the Fest
“LAW VISION” – a unique extravaganza hosted by the Department of law through Students’ Moot Court Association, “LAW VISION 2020” enters its fourteenth successful year. The stage of DACN has witnessed over the past thirteen years, a flood of vibrant activities that have tested the students on the anvil of their academic merit.
This event would provide an intellectual challenge to the young minds of future lawyers. The Department of Law through Students’ Moot Court Association of Dr. Ambedkar College, Deekshabhoomi, Nagpur cordially invites your prestigious institution to participate in this event.
In view of the large number of requests that we have received for allowing a five-member team to represent a participating college, it is hereby clarified for all concerned that a college/University may send either a four or five-member team to participate in Law Vision 2020. In case of a five-member team, there shall be any two members participating in Client Counselling event and the other three members in Moot Court Competition.
However, in this case, it is made clear that the two members participating in the Client Counselling Competition SHALL NOT participate in Case Study/ Drafting Competition, as these events/eliminations are likely to be held simultaneously.
Hence the original Rule-book attached herewith shall stand suitably amended in accordance with the aforesaid note, wherever applicable. However, for colleges sending a team of four members, the rules already specified in the original rule-book attached herewith shall strictly apply.
13th February to 16th February 2020
Dr. Ambedkar College, Department of Law, Deekashabhoomi, Nagpur-10.
- Moot Court Competition
- Client Counselling Competition
- Legal Drafting Competition
- Case Study Competition
- Essay Writing Competition
A) Moot Court Competition
- Best team
- Runner up team
- Best researcher
- Best memorial
B) Client Counselling Competition
C) Case Study Competition
D) Drafting Competition
E) Essay Competition
- Each participating team shall comprise of only four members.
- Confirmation of registration through e-mail will be open till 20th January 2020 latest by 11:59 PM. Interested participants to kindly note that they must attach the scanned copy of the duly filled registration form along with the confirmation e-mail.
- The teams are required to send by registered post the HARD COPIES of the duly filled registration form and travel detail form and payment receipt by post by 30th January 2020.
- The registration form is available in the link below.
Each participating team shall be required to pay a registration fee as follows:
- Outstation Teams: Rs. 5500/- (inclusive of accommodation)
- Local Teams: Rs. 3000/-
- Last date for confirmation of registration by email: 20th January 2020 latest by 11:59 PM.
- The last date for sending the hard copies of the registration form travel detail form and payment receipt by post: 30th January 2020.
- Last date for the submission of soft copy of the memorials and Essay: 5th February 2020 latest by 11:59 PM.
For any queries contact us at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeet Biswas: +917773946296 (President, SMCA.)
- Renuka Ashtikar: +919421994751 (Secretary, SMCA)
For Rulebook, Moot Proposition and Registration Form, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.