NOTE: This is a reader’s review. The opinion’s expressed are that of the person concerned and NOT of Lawctopus.
Name of the Student
Full Name of your Law School
Department of Legal Studies and Research (DLSR), Barkatullah University, Bhopal
Learn more about the university HERE.
Faculty and Academics
College timings are from 10 am to 4 pm. There are 6 classes each of 45 min. In between there is 15 min break for lunch.
There is only one 5 year course provided by DLSR i,e. B.A. LL.B (HONS.)
2 year L.L.M. course is also offered by DLSR.
Faculty is average.
Student Culture and Activities
There are no student activity culture like moots, etc. organized by DLSR.
Sometimes, notice is given to us if any events are going to be held in any other college; so that interested students can participate.
DLSR is quite good when it comes to sports. We have huge play ground in the DLSR university campus. Sports events take place from time to time.
There are no clubs and societies.
Alumni meets are held according to the situation and time, but they are not held every year.
As DLSR is a government college, there is a lot of politics and everything depends on the Head of the Department.
Two events which tare place every year are 1.) Fresher’s party and 2.) Farewell party.
* Stationary Shops
* Fruit and Vegetable Market
* Play Ground
No placements take place in DLSR.
There is little college support for internships and placements, students have to apply on their own.
Many students of our college cleared the CJ exam. Students intern mostly after every semester.
There are no proper holidays or time period given for internships.
Administration and Fees
* Entrance Exam is conducted by DLSR for new admissions.
* There is a form fee.
* The college fee is Rs.15000 per year.
DLSR often surprises students with sudden declaration of exam dates, event dates, changing of dates, not happening of any event.
Sometimes, main exams are also postponed and we get to know only one day in advance or sometimes, even on the day of exam (after reaching to college).
Tell us about the infrastructure of your college
The building is small, there is greenery all around. Classrooms are spacious and furnished. There are 8 classrooms, one Hall, one parliamentary room.
Library is small and in not adequately equipped with important books. Girls’ hostel environment is not great.
However, as DLSR is a government college, the hostel fee is very low.
The Canteen condition is very poor.
There is no fixed time and day for closing and opening of the canteen at DLSR.
Mess food quality is average.
Best things about your law school
* We have few experienced faculties.
* Neat and clean classrooms.
* Seniors are helpful.
* Presentations are held.
* Good college for students who want to prepare for Civil Judge or any other competitive exam.
* Fee is very low.
* Eco friendly environment.
* Many students of our college cleared CJ exam.
* Some students got placed on their own in huge firms like Amarchand & Mangaldas.
Worst things about your law school
* Faculty is average.
* Lack of interaction with seniors.
* HOD change very frequently.
* No holidays given to students for internship.
* Exam dates are not fixed.
* Session starts and is over quite late.
* Less events organized by college.
* No placements in DLSR, students have to apply on their own.
* No schedule is fixed for any event.
* Electricity problems in summer.
* Site is not up to date.
* Results are mostly declared after 3 to 4 months of exams.
* Number of Books are not sufficient in Library.
Tell us about your law school! Share your law school review here.