About the Institute
Law Mantra is a registered charitable trust with the Government of India under the India Trusts Act 1882 (Registration No. 150 in Book Number 4 Vol No 3, 603 of 2018).“
Law Mantra” has headquarters in New Delhi and is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
About the Book
This Call for chapter is for contributions in an edited Book on the theme Patent, Traditional Knowledge, Biotechnology Law: Policy & Practice.
PATENT, TRADITIONAL KNOWLEDGE, BIOTECHNOLOGY LAW: POLICY & PRACTICE.
Intellectual property refers to creations of the mind; products born from our thoughts and intellect and encompasses most notable forms of assets envisaged by our minds, such as inventions, literary works, artistic works, songs and music, trademarks, designs and names and images purposed for industrial use. The concept of intellectual property arose from the imperative need to devise some form of mechanization to protect creations of the mind and thought.
- Conceptual Understanding of Patent;
- New Development And Challenges in IPR under Patent Law
- Biotechnology patents and the problem of non-obviousness;
- Nanotechnology and Patent process;
- Indian Patent Act: its Implications for World Pharmaceutical Trade;
- Pharmaceutical patenting in India-problem of public access to health;
- Patenting software related inventions: trends in UK and US;
- Patent policy and medical procedures: is there any justification for granting of patents?
- Novelty as criteria of patentability-study of UK, US and INDIAN Position;
- A study of patent system in India in the light of the Patent Cooperation Treaty;
- Role of IPR in Life Science industries;
- Determining Novelty of the claimed Invention: study of US and Indian Patent system;
- Patent and Transfer of Technology;
- Prior use and prior publication as obstacles or patenting of inventions;
- Bioinformatics and Intellectual Property;
- Patenting of Living organisms under the European Patent Convention;
- Nanotechnology and Patent process: response by Patent Offices?
- Conceptual Understanding of Traditional Knowledge;
- Biotechnology & new regime in IPR;
- Conceptual Understanding of Biotechnology Law;
- Biotechnology patenting and bio-diversity protection: resolving conflict;
- The role of IPR in protection of Biodiversity;
- Protection of Micro Organism- International Prescriptions
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to Patent Law, Traditional Knowledge, Biotechnology Law.
All submissions are to be made via e-mail as word documents (preferably Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010). Authors can submit their manuscripts to Editors at aditya[at]lawmantra.org.
15th November 2020
Here are a few other posts that you might be interested in:
- LegalPedia Journal [LPJ, ISSN 2581-7949]: Submit by September 24
- Supremo Amicus Vol 21+ 20th Research Paper Competition, INDEXED (Google Scholar), PIF:6.242 [Prizes Worth Rs. 30k + Internship]: Submit by Sep 20
- Pen Acclaims [ISSN: 2581-5504, Issue 12]: Publication Fee Rs. 1K, Submit by Sep 15, Hard Copy of Certificate Available
- Edited Book on Women in Contemporary India: Issues and Challenges: Submit by Sep 25
- International Journal of Socio-Legal Research [ISSN: 2393-8250, Vol 6, Issue 4]: Submit by Sep 30
- Lex Research Hub Journal on Law & Multidisciplinary Issues [ISSN 2582 – 211X, Vol 1, Issue 4]: Submit by Sep 25
- Asian Journal of Academic Studies [AJAS, Volume 1 Issue 6]: Submit by Sep 15
- Legal Foxes Law Times [ISSN Number: 2582-6034, INDEXED, Vol II, Issue I]: Submit by Sep 20
- Jurisperitus: The Law Journal [ISSN 2581-6349, Indexed, Vol 2, Issue 4]: Prize Worth Rs. 10K, Submit by Sep 20
- International Journal for Legal Research and Analysis [ISSN 2582-6433, Vol 1 Issue 3]: Prize Worth 7K, Submit by Sep 10
- International Journal of Legal Science and Innovation [ISSN 2581-9453, Manupatra, Indexed, Vol 2, Issue 2]: Submit by Sep 12
- LexForti Legal Journal [Vol 2, Issue 1, ISSN 2582-2942]: Prize Worth Rs. 10K, Submit by Sep 25
- White Black Legal Journal of Law [Vol 2 Issue 5, Indexed, PIF 6.435]: Submit by September 10
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.