About the Company
A leading tech-driven modern kirana chain with deep investments technology and consumer data is looking to hire a Legal Manager and a Company Secretary.
The job positions are based in Gurgaon (Delhi NCR).
About the Job Opportunity of a Legal Manager
- Provide and assist in various legal support including vetting contracts in the region and other documents, handling other corporate legal matters such as service contracts, assisting business negotiations, leading legal negotiations and coordinating city business heads with on all legal matters;
- Assist in legal advice to the regional business team on day to day basis, other departments; abreast of current on legal and regulatory matters; monitoring all legal/ statutory approvals, permits and licenses in within the region;
- Alignment with Head of Legal on major legal matters related to region and coordinate on the management of the legal function within the region in an effective way;
- Review all ongoing legal matters, disputes, litigation; interpret legal notices and information and provide advice and liaise with external counsel as may be required.
- Assisting the Senior Manager in legal functions including drafting leases and service agreements in the region, assisting in other corporate legal matters such as service contracts and providing assistance in legal negotiations and coordinating with city business heads with on all legal matters;
- Review and report all legal matters, disputes, litigation; interpreting legal notices and information and providing advice and liaising with the external counsel as may be required.
- The number of years of experience: 4+ years.
- Qualification: LL.B and a degree in Company Secretaries shall be an added advantage.
To apply, please fill the form here.
About the Job Opportunity of a Company Secretary
- Prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees, and annual general meetings (AGMs) and follow up on action points.
- Convene and service AGMs, take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with appropriate departments.
- Provide legal, financial, and/or strategic advice during and outside of meetings.
- Ensure policies, regulatory, or statutory changes that might affect the organization are up to date and approved by the committee.
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries.
- Handle correspondence, collate information, write reports and communicate decisions to relevant company stakeholders.
- Liaise with external regulators and advisers such as lawyers and auditors.
- Implement processes or systems to ensure good management of the organization.
- Develop and oversee the systems that ensure the company complies with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements.
- Pay dividends to shareholders and manage share option schemes opted by various shareholders.
- Take an active role and provide valuable input to the management decisions related to sharing issues, mergers, and takeovers.
- Monitor the administration of the company’s pension scheme.
- Manage contractual agreements with suppliers and customers.
- Manage the office space and deal with personnel administration and company/staff insurance policies.
- Drive PR activities related to aspects of financial management.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in the similar position
- Qualifications: Although this area of work is open to all graduates, candidates with a degree in CS, accountancy and finance, business and management, and the law would be preferred
- Skills and Competencies
- Strong administrative skills and an aptitude for using IT software
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial awareness
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels
- Influencing skills
- Excellent organization and time management
- An ability to take initiative
- A flexible and practical approach to work
- Discretion when handling confidential information
- Maintain a diplomatic approach towards issues
- Confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and board members
To apply, please fill the form here.