Law College Dehradun, Faculty of Uttaranchal University is organizing the Third Edition of LCDMUN from 27th – 28th April 2019 in collaboration with The United Nations Information Centre for India and Bhutan (UNIC).
Transcendence and continuity, hierarchy and collectivism, the characteristic elements of our thousand-year-old ‘tradition’, are the fundamentals of our socio-political psyche.
LCDMUN is an innovative platform to hone the public speaking and argumentative skills of the students by discussing matters that concern the youth at national as well as international level.
We, the future custodians of this rich heritage, living in this modern age realize to the fullest extent the need for imbibing the modern values both political as well as social.
LCDMUN 2019 will witness the simulation of Six Committees and Councils which are listed below:
- UN General Assembly – Sixth Committee – Legal (UNGA LEGAL)
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
- Lok Sabha
- Legislative Assembly of Uttarakhand
- International Press
1. UNGA Legal
- Self – determination, decolonization and human rights with focus on South Asia.
- Measures to eliminate international terrorism.
2. UNHRC: Promotion and Protection of all human rights, civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights, including the
right to development.
3. UNSC: Discussing the status of representation in UNSC with special emphasis on counter-terrorism.
4.Lok Sabha: The Prevention of Custodial Torture Bill, 2019.
5. Legislative Assembly of Uttarakhand: Deliberation upon making “Gairsain” the permanent capital of Uttarakhand.
Fee: Rs. 1200/-
- Hostel: 300 per night
- Hotel: 600 per night
Accommodation is provided for the following dates only: 26th April to 29th April 2019.
Lakshya Agarwal: Secretary-General (8755807736)
Sakshi Tyagi: Director- General (9760872995 and 8077530965)
Akshay Chawla: Deputy Secretary-General (78305 74720)
For the brochure, click here.
For facebook link, click here.
For instagram, click here.
For twitter, click here.