About the organisation
The High Court of Judicature at Madras, one of the three High Courts in India established at the Presidency Towns by Letters Patent granted by Her Majesty Queen Victoria, bearing date 26th June 1862.
It exercising Original Jurisdiction over the City of Madras and Appellate Jurisdiction over the entire State as well as extra-ordinary Original Jurisdiction, Civil and Criminal, under the Letters Patent and Special Original Jurisdiction for the issue of writs under the Constitution of India.
In exercise of the powers conferred by Article 229 of the Constitution of India, The Hon’ble The Chief Justice is pleased to frame the following guidelines for appointment of Law Clerks to Hon’ble Judges in the Madras High Court (including Madurai Bench)
Selected candidates shall be posted either in the Principal Seat at Madras or at Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court, Madurai.
- Candidate should be a Graduate in Law (under 10+2+3+3 or 10+2+5 pattern) from the recognized Universities in the Indian Union and recognized by the Bar Council of India for admission as Advocate or Attorney of an Indian Court.
- Candidates who have passed all his/her Examinations within the duration of their Course are alone eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have obtained his/her Law Degree not earlier than two years as on the date of Notification are only eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk.
- Candidates pursuing Post Graduate Degree in Law or any other Degrees or Programmes requiring their compulsory attendance elsewhere are not eligible to apply for the assignment as Law Clerk.
How to apply
- The duly filled-in applications should be submitted through Registered Post with Acknowledgement Due and superscribed on the envelope as “Application for the post of Law Clerk to the Hon’ble Judges”, and addressed to The Registrar General, High Court, Madras-600 104, on or before 25.04.2019.
- The filled in Application Form (Soft copy) should also be sent through e-mail at estt.madrashiahcourt[at]gmail.com on or before 22.04.2019.
- Candidates should submit their application by two means, viz, through e-mail on or before 22.04.2019 and through post on or before 25.04.2019. The omission of any one method will lead to rejection of the application.
For the website link, click here.
For official notification, click here.
For the guidelines, click here.