The Andhra Pradesh High Court, Amravathi is inviting applications from the eligible candidates for the appointment of twenty (20) Law Clerks.
About Andhra Pradesh High Court, Amravathi
The High Court of Andhra Pradesh is the High Court of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The seat of the High Court is currently located at Amaravati. The government of Andhra Pradesh has however decided and passed a bill in the state legislature to shift the principal seat of High Court to Kurnool.
About the Job Opportunity
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for appointment of twenty (20) Law Clerks, on a contract basis, to assist the Hon’ble Judges, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, who fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed in the Guidelines, as per Gazette Notification No.88, dated 18.07.2020 issued by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
Role and Responsibilities
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes, chronology of dates/events.
- Identifying facts and issues, questions that may arise or may need to be addressed.
- Research work including case Laws, Articles for judicial orders and study material for conferences/seminars/meetings.
- The Candidate should have acquired a Degree in Law from a recognized University, (5-year/3-year) regular law degree from a University or a college affiliated to a recognized University.
- The Candidate should have passed the Degree in Law within 2 years immediately preceding the date of notification for selection of Law Clerks.
- The Candidate should not be pursuing any other regular course of study or pursuing any other profession or occupation, which may require them to be away from their place of work during the period of their engagement as Law Clerk.
- The Candidate should not have enrolled as an Advocate in any of the State Bar Councils.
Period of Assignment
- The engagement as Law Clerk will be normally for a period of 1 year from the date of assignment.
- However, subject to the approval of the Hon’ble the Chief Justice, the period of assignment can be extended for a further period not exceeding four years.
A consolidated amount of Rs. 25,000/- per month as an honorarium for the assignment
How to Apply?
The duly filled in applications along with attested copies of necessary documents in proof of age, academic qualifications and duly stamped self-addressed postal cover shall be sent to the undersigned i.e., Registrar (Recruitment), High Court of Andhra Pradesh at Amaravati, Nelapadu, Guntur District, Andhra Pradesh, Pincode-522237 under Registered Post with acknowledgement due, subscribing on the postal cover” Application for the post of Law Clerks”.
The applications shall reach the undersigned on or before November 23, 2021, by 5 PM.
The scheduled date of viva voce with the aspirants will be uploaded on the official website of the High Court of Andhra Pradesh and the viva voce will be commenced from December 6, 2021, at High Court.
- Application Deadline: November 23, 2021, by 5 PM
- Viva-voce commencement: December 6, 2021