The Supreme Court of India, New Delhi invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for the role of Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant on a contractual basis.
About the Supreme Court of India
The Supreme Court of India is the supreme judicial body of India and the highest court of India under the constitution. It is the most senior constitutional court, and has the power of judicial review. The Chief Justice of India is the head and chief judge of the Supreme Court and the court consists of a maximum of 34 judges and it has extensive powers in the form of original, appellate and advisory jurisdictions. It is regarded as the most powerful public institution in India.
Online applications are invited from Indian citizens who fulfill the essential qualifications and other eligibility conditions, as on 28.02.2021, for preparation of a panel of suitable candidates for engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants in the Supreme Court of India purely on contractual basis.
- The candidate must be a law graduate (as on the date of appearing at interview) having a Bachelor Degree in Law (including Integrated Degree Course in Law) from any School/College/University/Institution established
by law in India and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate.
- Candidate studying in the fifth year of the Five-Year Integrated Law Course will also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring Law qualification at the time of interview/before taking up the assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant.
- The candidate must have knowledge of computers including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processes such as Manupatra, SCC Online, LexisNexis, Westlaw, etc.
- Age Limit: Candidate must not be below the age of 18 years and above 27 years as on the last date of receipt of applications.
Method of Selection
- Written Test and Interview
- On the basis of the marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test, a merit list will be drawn and candidates will be short-listed.
- Short-listed candidates, three times of actual requirement, in the order of merit, will be called for an Interview.
- A final select list shall be prepared as per requirement on the basis of Written Test and Interview.
- Details of the Scheme of Examination, Minimum Qualifying Standards, Terms and Conditions of the contractual assignment are given in the “Revised Scheme for engaging Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistants on short-term contractual assignment in the Supreme Court of India” available on the website of the Supreme Court of India (See, Revised Scheme).
It is made clear that the engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant is a full-time job, purely contractual in nature. It will not confer any right on the selected candidates to claim regular appointment/continuance in service in the Supreme Court of India.
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates are required to apply online for which the link is provided through the Supreme Court website [Opens from Feb 1, 2021]
- The application will be accepted through online registration only which is likely to start from 01.02.2021.
- Candidates will be required to pay the Application/Test Fee of Rs.200/- plus bank charges through online mode only.
- The fee shall not be accepted in any other form. No postal application shall be accepted. The fee shall be paid online through the payment gateway provided by UCO Bank.
Click here to apply online.
A fixed consolidated stipend of Rs. 65,000/- per month initially during the assignment session commencing from 01.07.2021 till the closure of the Court for Summer Vacation, 2022.
More such Jobs that you might be interested in
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.