Law Addicts is organising its 1st Edition of National Judgment Writing Competition 2020 with an aim to promote student involvement in Social issues by providing a fair and competitive environment for exchange of thoughts.
About Law Addicts
Law Addicts is a student lead organization driven by its motto, Addiction yielding Knowledge that aims to promote law among individuals who have an infinite passion for legal knowledge.
- All students pursuing 3 year or 5-year L.L.B. course or an L.L.M. course from a recognized Law School, University or Institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Single author or Co-Authorship up to 2 authors shall be permitted. Authors may belong to the same or different Law School, University or Institution in India.
- A team of single or two authors will be considered eligible to participate only if the registration is completed on or before 27th November 2020 (24:00 Hours IST).
Teams are required to complete the registration on or before December 18th, 2020.
The Registration Fee is Rs. 200/- for a single author and Rs. 300/- for co-authorship. The registration fee payable for the Competition must be paid latest by 27th November 2020:
- Account Name: J.S. Shreedhar
- Account Number: 36746793528
- IFSC Number: SBIN0015264
Google Pay Number: 9790696219
The payment reference number and date of payment has to be inserted in the registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
The Registration shall be done by filling up the form available by clicking here and by following the ‘Rules of Registration’ mentioned in the Rule Book.
- The manuscript submitted must be an original work of the author(s) and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere. Any sort of plagiarism shall amount to penalty.
- Word Limit is 3500 words (inclusive of footnotes)
The manuscript must not disclose the identity of the author(s)(e.g. name, institution, etc.)
- The cover page of the manuscript shall mention the team code at the top right corner.
- The manuscript shall be submitted in PDF format only. The name of the file shall be the allotted team code. For example: LA-1. pdf
Deadline: 26th December 2020
The document must be submitted here.
Author(s) shall not e-mail their submissions to the official email ID.
- The author(s) shall strictly adhere to the 19th Bluebook Citation. Any citation found contrary shall amount to penalty. 1st National Judgment Writing Competition, 2020 Page 4 of 8
- The manuscript shall be in A4 Layout with 1.5 line spacing and Justified.
- Headings: Times New Roman, Size – 14, Bold.
- Main body: Times New Roman, Size – 12.
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, Size – 10, Line Spacing 1.0 and Justified.
Competition Format and Procedure
The Competition shall consist of only one submission. The scoring and tabulation for the competition shall be based on the draft Judgment scores of the participants only.
The team with the highest total score (out of 100) will be announced as the Winner.
- Winners will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 2,000/- and an internship with GlobalShala.
- Runner up will be awarded a cash prize of Rs. 1,000/- and an internship with Law Addicts.
- The top 10 manuscripts will be published in the Law Addicts Journal and will be awarded a merit certificate.
E-Certificate of participation will be provided to all participants.
Ms. Srinithi R. (President, Law Addicts): +91 9790858036
E-mail ID: lawaddictss[at]gmail.com
Note: This is a sponsored post.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.