About Law Addicts
Law Addicts is a student lead organisation driven by its motto, Addiction yielding Knowledge that aims to promote law among individuals who have an infinite passion for legal knowledge.
About the Moot Competition
Law Addicts is now proud to launch its 1st Edition of National Virtual Level Moot Competition on LGBTQI Rights with an aim to promote student involvement in Social issues by providing a fair and competitive environment for the exchange of thoughts.
- All students pursuing graduate or postgraduate course from any recognized college, university or institution in India shall be eligible to participate.
- Team members should comprise at least one law student from any recognized law school, university or institution in India.
- Each participating team shall have a minimum of two members and maximum of three (3) members comprising of 2 speakers and 1 researcher. In the case of a 2-member team, one speaker can also take up the researcher’s test.
Teams are required to complete the registration on or before August 8th, 2020 (24:00 IST) by making the payment of the registration fee and filling the registration form. The receipt of payment of the registration fee must be uploaded in the registration form.
The link for the registration form is given here.
The Registration Fee is Rs. 300/- per team. The registration fee payable for the competition must be paid latest by 8th August 2020 to:
- Account Name: J.S. Shreedhar
- Account Number: 36746793528
- IFSC Number: SBIN0015264
Google Pay Number: 9790696219
The payment reference number and date of payment have to be inserted in the registration form and only then will the registration be deemed to be complete.
- Each participating team in the Competition is required to prepare memorials on behalf of both Petitioner and Respondent based on the problem released by the O.C.
- Memorials are to be submitted in .pdf format before 23:59 IST, 18th August 2020. Filename should only mention Team Code. For instance: TCLA10.pdf.
- Memorials are required to be submitted through the submission form given in the brochure. No submissions will be accepted via emails.
- The memorials are to be drafted as per the rules mentioned in the brochure.
- The Researcher’s Test shall take place on 21st August 2020.
- The Test shall comprise of 50 questions, MCQ in nature.
Structure of the Competition
Draw of lots along with the exchange of memorials will be conducted on 21st August 2020. The sides, round timings along with memorials of the opponent counsel shall be sent via email before 18:00 IST, 21st August 2020.
The Competition shall consist of the following rounds:
- The Preliminary Round
- The Quarter-Final Round
- The Semi-Final Round
- The Final Round
- Winner: Rs. 2500/- along with Certificate of Merit.
- Runner Up: Rs. 1200/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Speaker: Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Researcher: Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- Best Memorial: Rs. 500/- along with Certificate of Merit
- E-Certificate of participation will be provided to all participating teams and E-Certificates for advanced rounds will be provided to qualifying teams.
Ms. Srinithi.R. (President, Law Addicts): +91 9790858036
E-mail ID: lawaddictss[at]gmail.com
For the official website link, click here.
For the moot proposition, click here.
For the rulebook of the competition, click here.
POSTER FINAL LA
Note: This is a sponsored post.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.