LAMP Fellowship provides an opportunity to be mentored by a Member of Parliament for a period of 10-11 months, subject to the Parliamentary calendar. During the course of the Fellowship, the Fellows will get the opportunity to engage with experts from diverse sectors and understand important policy and development issues of the country.
The Fellow’s primary task involves providing research support to the Member of Parliament (MP) that she/he is assigned to. A significant amount of the research a LAMP Fellow will undertake will be Parliament related, such as inputs for bills, parliamentary questions, policy discussions and standing committee meetings. LAMP Fellows are also required to provide background research for the conferences and media events MPs attend in their official capacity. While some MPs may delegate constituency-related work to their LAMP Fellows, taking up such work (including visits to the constituency) is subject to the agreement between the MP and the LAMP Fellow.
LAMP Fellows research topics as diverse as defence, food security, environment, economics and foreign affairs. Research tasks may include
- Legislative research
- Data Analysis
- Framing parliamentary questions
- Background research parliamentary debates
- Research for Standing Committee meetings
- Drafting Private Member Bills
- Media-related work including drafting press releases, preparing interventions for TV appearances
- Research for constituency-related issues
- Interacting with stakeholders
LAMP Fellows rarely have a “typical” work day. Requests for research may have varying deadlines – ranging from thirty minutes to a couple of days, depending on the specifications of the MP. When Parliament is in session, the workload is likely to be heavier than the time period between sessions.
PRS seeks to engage with highly-motivated, bright young people for the LAMP Fellowship.
- LAMP Fellowship is open to candidates who are 25 years of age or below, i.e born on or after June 1, 1994.
- Candidate must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in any academic discipline.
- Only Indian citizens are eligible for the LAMP Fellowship.
How to apply
Apply online using this form.
The application must be submitted no later than 11:45 PM IST on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
If you face difficulties filling out the online application form, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
For the official website, click here.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.