Name Of The Student, College, Year Of Study
Monesh Mehndiratta, Graphic Era Hill University, Dehradun, 3rd year B.A LL.B (Hons.)
Name, Address And Contact Details Of The Organization
Lakshay Batra and Associates (Advocates and Solicitors)
Address: First Floor, DDA Commercial Complex RU Block Pitampura, Delhi – 110034
LinkedIn profile: Lakshay Batra and Associates
Duration Of Internship
15th February 2021 to 30th April 2021 & 15th June 2021 to 30th June 2021
How Did You Apply ?
I applied to the internship by sending my CV and cover letter to the email address of the firm. The management of the firm was quick in the response and provided me the information of selection process. I was asked to complete the tasks set for the selection round within a time limit. The task included drafting a legal notice. On the basis of the performance, I was selected as the Co-ordinating Intern.
Mode Of Internship
Online (virtual internship)
Responsibilities And Work
- I was serving as the coordinating intern so worked as a link between Lakshay Sir and others interns. I used to distribute the tasks to the interns as and when given to me by Sir through texts or calls and submit the work of interns to Sir.
- During the period of internship, I summarised MP Land Revenue Code after the amendment and various recent important cases of High Court and Supreme Court related to it.
- I also prepared the case notes of various recent cases (2020-2021) on different topics (family law, evidence act and constitutional law) which included conducting research, preparing brief facts, finding ratio decidendi and writing crux of the judgement.
- The work also included writing various articles on topics of constitutional law (types of voting, analysis of powers of governor and president and amendments in the constitution), family law (mutual divorce-procedure to file for divorce and landmark judgements), appeals and execution of decree by uncertified order.
- I conducted a deep research on section 138 of Negotiable Instruments Act, capital punishment, crypto currency, rape (trial procedure, zero FIR, landmark Cases, safeguards etc.)
- I also performed the drafting work which included affidavit and legal notices.
- During the period of internship in June, I researched on various subjects of law like ADR, competition act, evidence act, environmental law, company act, banking laws etc.
Benefits And Lessons Learnt
- Enhanced researching skills
- Writing skills
- Legal drafting
- Reading recent cases
- Time management
Internship Completion Certificate
The whole experience of the internship was amazing. I would especially like to mention about Mr. Ankit Purohit who made this possible for me. This opportunity fetched me a lot of new skills. It enhanced my leadership qualities by providing me the opportunity to work as a coordinating intern. The other interns working with me were cooperative and determined. I was in direct contact with Lakshay Sir, though any intern could approach him easily in case of personal problem. He always appreciated the hard work and efforts put in by the interns and strictly adhered to deadline and also taught the same.
As such there is no bad experience but due to the situation of pandemic and lockdown in the whole country, the mode of the internship was virtual. I wish it was an offline internship so that I could have learnt a lot more from Sir.
The internship was unpaid as it was in the Online mode.
This internship was a whole new experience for me. It was very difficult for the students to enhance their legal skills in the time of lockdown due to spread of second wave of Covid-19. But the opportunity of online and virtual internship made it possible. I want to thank Mr. Lakshay Batra and Mr. Ankit Purohit for being the constant support throughout the internship. Besides legal skills and knowledge there is a lot to learn from them. I wish to work with Lakshay Sir again in the future.
If you wish to share an internship experience, fill the form here.
If you wish to write for us, or have a story to share, write to us at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: We do not edit the internship experience submitted to maintain the originality of the intern’s experience.
Disclaimer: Internship Experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship. We also do not edit internship experiences (except to ensure readability) to ensure that the intern's voice remains intact.
Disclaimer: Organisations should not influence interns to write internship experiences on Lawctopus. Neither should they make writing an internship experience on Lawctopus mandatory for the intern to get a certificate. Indulging in such practices will lead to the organization getting blacklisted from Lawctopus. In case of any such instance, interns are requested to inform at firstname.lastname@example.org