Applications are invited from Indian women for the Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2021-22, for pursuing higher studies in various fields.
About the Scholarship
The Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust awards scholarships to Indian women graduates of reputed universities to pursue higher education abroad, towards the tuition fee component.
A gift scholarship towards the tuition fee component, approximately between Rupees three and six lakhs per student, is awarded, depending on the performance of the candidate.
The Trust invites applications for the academic year 2021-2022 in the following fields of study:
- Sociology, Psychology, Law (key focus on women & children’s issues)
- Education and welfare of children with special needs
- Gender studies – Violence against women and children, including domestic violence
- Child health – Development and nutrition
- Health policy and health education — mental health
- Public health – Community health services, reproductive health, epidemiology
- Needs of adolescents
- Communication for development (with a key focus on women & children’s issues)
- Research and study of social norms in communities
- Development Studies (key focus in the field of Community Development, Rural Development, Public Policy, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Sustainable Development for women & children)
- Indian women graduate from a reputed university
- Have a consistently remarkable academic record
- Must have applied for admission/ secured admission to reputed universities or institutions in the United States, UK, or Europe for the year 2021-2022
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 years preferred
Selection for the Scholarship
Interview: Shortlisted candidates will have to attend either a personal or an online interview with the board of trustees on a designated day and time between June and August 2021, which will be conveyed at a later stage
Selection and scholarship amount:
Post-Selection: Candidates selected for this scholarship will have to submit a clear copy of the ‘Proof of Funds’ or ‘Financial Capacity’ document that reflects that they are able to support their studies, submitted their visa application.
How to Apply?
The interested candidates will have to request the trust for the application form. Here’s how to do that:
- Request for an application form may be made by sending an email to igpedulmdtet[at]tatatrusts.org along with the details and documents as requested below.
- The course they wish to pursue
- The name/s of the university/ies to be attended, in order of merit, with a letter of confirmed admission, if available
- The course fee required for each university
- Sources of funding (in brief – a page)
- Their current profile (biodata)
- To know more, click here.
- Please upload clear, scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents along with your request email.
Click here for a detailed application process.
- Link for the application form will be emailed to the students, from Monday, April 5, 2021, to Friday, May 07, 2021.
- Last date to accept the required documents through email is Monday, May 10, 2021.
- After scrutiny of the forms, only the shortlisted candidates will receive an email from the Trust office by mid-June 2021, to submit/ courier/ mail the hard copies of the documents to an address that will be shared at a later date.
More such Fellowships and Scholarships that you might be interested in
- NLSIU’s Thakur Foundation PhD Scholarships in Public Health & Law [2 Seats, 3 Years]: Apply Now!
- Scholarship Opportunities for LSAT: India Test Takers
- Social Leadership Program 2021 by India Fellow, Delhi: Apply by May 20
- OCSI Scholarship [Oxford and Cambridge Society of India] 2021-22: Apply by May 15