About the Organisation and Competition
KPA Legal brings back the Contract Drafting Competition in association with Enhelion! In order to engage with the students of law in India to introduce and develop the art of modern legal drafting, especially contract drafting, they bring back the competition for 2019 as well.
This competition, like the previous edition, strays from the generic competitions that law students are accustomed to. Here, statutes and judicial decisions – while relevant – are not the primary concern. Instead, much like the field of contract drafting, they focus on the skills of drafting and adapting to circumstance.
The subject matter of this year’s Contract Drafting Competition also provides the participants with a unique opportunity to work in Patent Laws.
Participants will have to address the legal challenges of their fictional client all the while being exposed to interesting and contemporary public policies.
The KPA Contract Drafting Competition, 2019 hereinafter referred to as “Competition” is open to students of law who are:
- Pursuing their degree in law, whether undergraduate or post-graduate, from an accredited or recognized university or college.
- Pursuing an advanced degree, diploma or other full-time educational courses in law, provided they do not have any work experience as an advocate or attorney or such other role where their primary responsibility is advising on or dealing with legal matters.
The registration form is here.
- All participants must register for Competition by filling up the registration form.
- The last date for registration shall be September 7, 2019, by 23:59:59 (IST). This date may be extended by KPA Legal.
- Upon registration & payment, you should receive an email acknowledgement confirming your registration within 1 to 2 business days.
- Participation in the Competition is allowed in either Individual or Team Capacity.
- A team shall not have more than 2 individuals in it.
- Registration Fee for Individuals shall be INR 400 (Indian Rupees Four Hundred) and for Team (of two only) Participants shall be INR 600 (Indian Rupees Six Hundred).
Following are the Payment modes:
UPI Transfers: [email protected]
A/C Transfer: Account Name: Kashyap Partners & Associates LLP
Account No. 50200039752470
IFSC Code: HDFC0001670
Bank Name: HDFC Bank Ltd.
Bank Branch: Kapashera, New Delhi
Note: Please enter the participants’ name in the description of the transaction.
Once the transaction is complete you are required to take a screenshot of the same and mail it to cdc19[at]kpalegal.com.
How to submit?
- All submissions are to be made at cdc19[at]kpalegal.com.
- Your submissions must consist of Memorandum to the Client providing your legal opinion on the issues instructed by the Client(“Memo”); Draft Agreement (“Agreement”)
- Submission deadline, unless extended by KPA Legal, shall be September 17, 2019, by 23:59:59 (IST) (“Submission Deadline”).
- Both, the memo and Agreement should be in MS-Word (.doc or .docx) format.
Note: In order to submit your entry, you will have to forward your Acknowledgment Email, attaching both the Agreement and the Memo to the provided e-mail address. In case we have not received your entry by the Submission Deadline, your entry will be considered invalid.
Participants are encouraged to draft using Plain English and avoid the use of unnecessary legalese.
Participants are further encouraged to use modern contract drafting techniques that focus on the use of Plain English.
The Drafts must adhere to the following format:
- Font should be Times New Roman
- Font Size should be 12 points.
- The text should be Justified with 1.5 line spacing.
- The winner will be awarded a cash prize of INR7,000 (Indian Rupees Seven Thousand Only), a certificate and an online course on Advanced Contract Drafting, powered by Enhelion.
- The First runner-up shall receive a cash prize of INR5,000 (Indian Rupees Five Thousand Only) and a certificate.
- The Second runner-up shall receive a cash prize of INR3,000 (Indian Rupees Three Thousand Only) and a certificate.
- Each Participant will be given a Certificate of Participation.
- In the case of Team Participation, the Certificates will be provided for each individual member of the Team.
The rule book, click here.
The case brief is here.
Note: This is a sponsored post