About the Organisation
The Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA), established in 1966 is a centre for legal studies, legal research and law reforms. Its acclaimed peer-reviewed research journal is published continuously since 1977.
About the Conference
Kerala Law Academy Law College in association with Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) is organizing a One Day International conference on “Legality Of Live In Relationship In India – A Closer Outlook” via virtual mode on 23rd of January 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The conference is conducted through online platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the participants should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform.
Edilu Sona (Former High Court Judge, Ethiopian People’s Republic) is the Key Note Speaker of the conference.
Call for Papers
The Organising Committee is calling for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, social workers, Policymakers, and officials from various departments- Representatives from institutions and professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and faculty and research scholars.
- Live in relationship v/s marriage: recent developments in Indian context.
- Negative identity in society: morality and ethics in live in relationship.
- Walk in and walk out relationships.
- Social dimension in live in relationship.
- Problems faced by women and children in live in relationship.
- Right to privacy and live in relationship
- Maintenance for live in partner and children.
- Domestic violence in live in relationship.
- Rights of women and children live in relationship
- Legitimacy of a child born out from live in relationship.
- Inheritance rights and succession in live-in a relationship.
- Legal dimensions in live-in relationship • International laws relating to live in relationship.
- Judicial decision relating to live in relationship.
- Need for a law for the protection and welfare of women and children in live in relationship.
Note: These Themes are not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any topic related to the abovementioned theme.
Kindly send the abstract on or before 1st of January 2021 by e-mail to klainternationalseminar02[at]gmail.com.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine yourself to the areas identifiable with title of the conference. The papers may be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, not exceeding 3500 words including Footnotes. Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An abstract not exceeding 200 words shall be submitted for consideration. The abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials and conclusion indicating author’s perspective. The abstract must be mailed to klainternationalseminar02[at]gmail.com on or before 1st of January 2021. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address; Contact Number
- The submission should be in word format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers(2500 words)approved by the committee shall be accepted for presentation in the conference. The intimation of selection will be made through email.
- The final paper should contain a cover page which includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, email id and Contact number.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, and the working language of the conference will be English and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submission should be made by the author who will attend the conference.
- Co-authorship is allowable but limited to one co-author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
- Publishing charges if any demanded by journal may be paid by the author.
- Submission of Abstracts: 1st of January 2021
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 2nd of January 2021
- Submission of Full paper: 18th January 2021
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 19th of January 2021
- Date of payment of Registration fee: 20th and 21st of January 2021
- International conference: 23rd January 2021
There is a Registration fee of Rs. 750/- per participant (Additional fee of Rs. 250/- should be paid in the case of maximum one co-author).
The team intending to participate must register on or before 21st January 2021 by submitting the duly filled perfoma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/) and making online payment of Rs 750/-(In the case of co-author Rs. 1000/-) as the registration fee through the online link provided in the Kerala Law Academy website (https://keralalawacademy.in/wp/).
All the participants will be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
Faculty in charge
Advocate Aryasunilpaul: 9495178906 (Convener)
E-mail ID: aryasunuilpaul[at]gmail.com
Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy: 9744169215 (Co-Convener)
E-mail ID: dakshnanandu[at]gmail.com
Mr. Sunil Kumar. S: 9744036660 (Co-Convener)
- Nithin Rajeev: 8075278235
- Steffi Felix: 7907693959
- Vishnu V S: 9544659324
- Nikitha Suresh: 8921757354
- Gouri R: 8593085869
Join 70,000 law students. Receive only the posts you want.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.