With a view to encourage brilliant and talented Law Graduates to join the legal profession and to give them exposure to various facets of litigation and branches of law and familiarity with Court procedures, the High Court of Karnataka invites applications for the position of Law Clerks-cum-Research Assistants on honorarium basis.
Number of Vacancies: 27
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant are:
- Reading of case files, preparation of the case including case summary and notes and chronology of events;
- Identifying facts and issues and questions that may arise or may have to be addressed;
- Presence in the Court during the hearing of cases, taking notes of arguments and citations;
- Research work on case law, books and articles for the purpose of assisting the Judge in the preparation of judgments; and
- Assisting the Judge to prepare speeches and academic papers.
The applicants who are eligible to apply are:
- Must hold a Degree in Law granted by a recognized University established by Law in India with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks
- Must not have completed the age of 30 years as on the last date of application
- Must have enrolled as an Advocate
- Must have knowledge of computer
During the period of assignment, the Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant will be paid a monthly honorarium of ₹15,000/- (Rupees Fifteen Thousand only).
How to apply
The application form is given in the official notification given below.
Applications along with the relevant self attested documents should reach the Registrar General, High Court of Karnataka, Bengaluru on or before 06.04.2018.
The cover containing the application shall be super scribed as:
“Application for Selection to the post of Law Clerk – cum – Research Assistants”.
For official notification and application form, click here.
This post was first published on: March 7, 2018